Houzz Logo Print
edubya

POLL: Cat person vs. Dog person

Emily H
vor 9 Jahren
The people we choose to share our homes with are a big part of what makes a house a home. Many of us also like to bring pets into the fold and consider them our family members as well. Are you more of a cat person or a dog person?

VOTE and tell us about it in the comments! (photos encouraged)
Other - Tell us below!

Kommentare (627)

• User
    vor 8 Jahren

Prefer cats, but have had some great dogs. If I had a lot more space, I'd certainly have a dog as well as more cats.

• wifemothergoddess
    vor 8 Jahren

I have and love both. If there were circumstances that dictated I had to choose between a cat or dog, I would probably lean towards dog, a large breed.

• PRO
    TheFurnitureCollection
    vor 8 Jahren

Definitely a dog person although I do love cats too. Such beautiful creatures.

• iviephillips
    vor 8 Jahren
    Both!
  • Heidi Zagori
    vor 8 Jahren

I always considered myself both cat and dog person but slightly more cat, until I got a dog. Now I just feel completely and utterly a dog person. Can't explain it really. Just can't imagine having anything except a dog curling up around me in bed. Meet Argos, ex-street dog, now king of the castle.

• PRO
    Abbie Jacobson Design&Decoration
    vor 8 Jahren

i have 2 cats ... but would LOVE to rescue a dog! grew up with dogs.

• Linda
    vor 8 Jahren

I love all animals, but have had cats and birds my entire life. I love dogs,too. We adopted a disabled pug puppy nine years ago (Angelina Jolie), and I adore her. However, she is my first and last dog. Too needy, dogs are. I like a nice independent but squishable kitty -- Kind of like me!

• David Cavanaugh
    vor 8 Jahren

I like both but am allergic to cats!

• PRO
    TheFurnitureCollection
    vor 8 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 8 Jahren

I can understand people who are cat lovers and have been owned by three real characters but I must admit that my first choice is a medium size Schnauzer type rescue terrier which I am very honored to own. For the past eleven years he had long bangs. He was recently trimmed to reveal huge loving dark brown eyes. Wish I had had his bangs cut when we got him.

• digbylala
    vor 8 Jahren

"Squish-e"

• dirtrag99
    vor 8 Jahren

Hahaha WE have a "Blue Russian" cat,a Yorkie and a Yorkie/Maltese cross- - the cat out weights both! Combined!!

• Gratsiella Kalfakakou
    vor 8 Jahren

I have
    turtles, mom and dad and because ever spring she lays eggs, one 3 years old,
    one 2 years old, one 1 years old and five 3 months old. So now we have 10, but
    come spring when they wake from hibernation we will give the oldest kids away
    to people with back yards and no dogs (once a dog eat one of the turtles, so
    from then on NO DOGS).

• susanhu
    vor 8 Jahren

Very cool that your turtles have a good life with you that they breed! Awesome!

• Ava Williams
    vor 8 Jahren

I love dogs!

• sandiocd
    vor 8 Jahren
    I was a cat person, until this little guy came to live with us at Christmas! Now I don't know which of my sweeties I love more!
  • Ava Williams
    vor 8 Jahren

sandiocd your dogs are so cute!

• sandiocd
    vor 8 Jahren
    Thanks, Ava. Just as sweet as they look...
  • Belahn
    vor 8 Jahren

I voted other because I love both. Have always had both dogs and cats and always will.

• cappiello12
    vor 8 Jahren

Love my dogs. They are funny, sweet and great company. Great fans too!

• Rebecca Pierce
    vor 8 Jahren

I love my Hazelnut. And please: Adopt, don't shop!

• susanhu
    vor 8 Jahren

Very pretty dog!

• PRO
    Kayylö
    vor 8 Jahren

I'm a dog person and I love my German Shepherd Dog! We also have a budgie saved on the street who is our dog's best friend now~~

• Elizabeth Z
    vor 8 Jahren

Both cat and dog person! They're both so innocent and love unconditionally!

• negaunee12
    vor 7 Jahren
    I am partial to Himalayan cats. The gray one you show is very cute. Not sure if he is Persian or Himalayan, but they both have the sweetest personalities.
    Nan
  • skoosh
    vor 7 Jahren

I've always had dogs and thought I would never want a cat. Now I have both, and I laugh often. They are hysterical together. That's Yoohoo (male dog) and Valentine (female cat). She follows him around when they're outside. She only goes out when I can keep an eye on her. Love these two little monsters.

• artsyphartsy_home_maker
    vor 6 Jahren

They are both wonderful, but I have a dog.

• Suzy T
    vor 6 Jahren
    My daughter and I have two dogs each. The dogs allow us to live with them as long as we feed them regularly, throw the balls on a regular basis, and open the door so they can go chase the squirrels. Can’t have a home without paw prints on the floor and nose prints on the windows.
  • Suzy T
    vor 6 Jahren
    My daughter and I have two dogs each. The dogs allow us to live with them as long as we feed them regularly, throw the balls on a regular basis, and open the door so they can go chase the squirrels. Can’t have a home without paw prints on the floor and nose prints on the windows.
  • artsyphartsy_home_maker
    vor 6 Jahren

*My love*

• skoosh
    vor 6 Jahren

^^^Adorable.

• Home4Here
    vor 6 Jahren
    I never liked dogs until.. we got one and then another. Now I can't imagine life without a dog. Or a cat.. I love critters!
  • PRO
  • PRO
    SoCal Contractor
    vor 6 Jahren

cat

• amoss200
    vor 5 Jahren
    Cats! Here are my two Maine Coons, Orca and Rory.
  • amoss200
    vor 5 Jahren
    Cats! Here are my two Maine Coons, Orca and Rory.
  • Jen Osborne
    vor 5 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 5 Jahren

Other: I love them all!

• Joyce Watkins
    vor 5 Jahren

Cats.......especially Maine Coons. Clara Cat lived with me for 21 years and I miss her every day.

vor 5 Jahren

I haven't had a cat since the 80s but we do have 4 dogs & we did adopt a cat in 2016 & we have horses so I would say we are...…… animal people!

• susanhu
    vor 5 Jahren

Beautiful cats and dogs everyone!

• crismalc
    vor 5 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 5 Jahren

This is Mickey. She showed up in my backyard 6 summers ago... starving, flea bitten, eye infection... it took months before she let me touch her but once she did, we became inseparable. After several vet visits, Mickey is very healthy and happy. My elderly mother lived with me and she was on heavy blood thinners so we had to be careful she didn't get a cut. Mickey is the gentlest, kindest creature I've ever met... she was so careful not to scratch my mom and kept her company when I went to work. She is an angel sent from heaven to help us. After my mom passed, Mickey helped me through the most difficult time of my life. God bless Mickey and all animals ❤️

• leticia212813
    vor 5 Jahren

We have Loc he’s a black GatorMouth Pit, Max is a tan WolfHybrid, Fang is a black & white Siberian Husky, Rocky is a Rott Weiler, Chloė is a chestnut brown teacup chihuahua, KittyPerry is a longhair grey, black & white cat, Tabitha is a shorthair tabby cat, Eminem is a longhair black cat, Boooger (I did NOT name her) is a blue & yellow macaw, Snickers, Twix & Whatchamacallit are our three leopard geckos and Little Girl & Little Boy who are our two California gopher snakes... we kinda love animals!!!

• Mars SC Zone 8b Mars
    vor 3 Jahren

I used to have two fiddler crabs, a german shepard, tons of pet frogs.

Now I have caterpillars.

Here's a pic:

• detailaddict
    vor 3 Jahren

HU... I don't understand how this is a picture of a caterpillar, unless it's through a microscope (?)

• Mars SC Zone 8b Mars
    vor 3 Jahren

detailaddict yes it is under a microscope.

They are caterpillar eggs.

• detailaddict
    vor 3 Jahren

Interesting...what species?

• Mars SC Zone 8b Mars
    vor 3 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 3 Jahren

Long Tailed Skippers.

Caterpillars:

Butterfly:

Enjoy!

We can talk about them on my discussion:

cats under microscope

• detailaddict
    vor 3 Jahren

Cool.

• Mars SC Zone 8b Mars
    vor 3 Jahren

you like it?

• detailaddict
    vor 3 Jahren

I meant the idea of breeding butterflies...I haven't seen a Long-tailed Skipper but with the thick body it reminds me of a Sphinx Moth, which I have seen.

Back on the thread topic we happen to have two dilute tortie girls right now, although I'm a bit more of a dog person myself. We're in-between pooches since we lost our 15 year-old in January.

• Mars SC Zone 8b Mars
    vor 3 Jahren

NICE PICS!

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.