Houzz Logo Print
buckleup2000

Yay or Nay? Fake grass

Luke Buckle
vor 9 Jahren
What do you think of the 'growing' trend of using synthetic grass?

It is popping up more and more in urban situations where real grass just would not be suitable or practical.

There are obvious environmental benefits of saving water but then, hard surfaces encourage run-off and reduces plant-life in the suburbs.

argyle · Mehr Info
Yay
Nay
Meh - i don't mind in some cases

Kommentare (20)

• lynnh100
    vor 9 Jahren
    yeah tiny small patches - but I thought it was great til I heard re the heat and environmentally unfriendly
  • wuff
    vor 9 Jahren
    We have some in the house we purchased 18 months ago...it is absolutely awful, we have got rid of most of it. One patch left where bins sit until we pave the area. The most ironic thing it has some weeds growing on it where sand and dirt has blown in. Is it meant to be vacuumed or swept (serious question). It gets hotter than our brick paving. I must say I did not realise until I stepped on it.
  • Heather Gibson
    vor 9 Jahren
    LOVE it, as long as it's laid correctly and you get good quality. Best decision we made with our backyard. Yes it gets hot but so do pavers, decking etc. I have not heard of it harbouring bacteria but we keep ours clean, even with our dog on it.
    Would love it at the front but it doesn't like regular vehicles parking on it apparently. One cost, what could be better !
  • PRO
    S2 design
    vor 9 Jahren
    That's me in the pic on our RECYCLED content, LOW HEAT, artificial lawn. Our kids absolutely love playing on it. END.
  • User
    vor 9 Jahren
    Horrible stuff... Expensive, cant park/drive on it, not completely maintenance free, and worst of all, it looks fake!
  • janienefox
    vor 9 Jahren
    It is seriously dangerous for kids etc where we live if they don't know how hot this gets. Our temperatures run in the 45+ for days on end. Even the birds have had a bit of a shock with it when we first put it down. BUT I would do it again as the dog doesn't go on it when its hot anymore, also the birds. We have no kids so it is perfect around our pool area. We have plenty of it (real lawn) in the yard next to the pool.
  • User
    vor 8 Jahren

I need that Slow traffic sign in my loungeroom!

• PRO
    anewhouse.com.au
    vor 8 Jahren

Fake grass doesn't mean no maintenance See Fake grass - Real weeds

• wendan26
    vor 7 Jahren

Fake grass has it's good and bad points, in small areas which are difficult to get a mower to it is ideal. I have seen it at the front of homes with weeds thru it, lot's of rain making it really soggy and wet and children don't like it when they want to play outside in the summer heat, it gets too hot.

• Susan Vale
    vor 7 Jahren
    I was thinking about it for a patch of dirt where I just can't get lawn to grow due to an overhanging tree but then I realised the tree is deciduous and I'm pretty sure that would be a nightmare come Autumn.
  • PRO
    Coolaroo
    vor 7 Jahren

While synthetic grass often gets a bad wrap, we have to say that when applied correctly, quality astro turf can be the perfect solution for your backyard. It is a good choice for those who want less maintenance than regular grass, with plenty of options to cater for pets and the style of your garden.

A quality turf looks great year-round without the frustrating upkeep, making it a realistic alternative to a natural lawn.

Coolaroo Fresh Cut Synthetic Turf

If anyone is interested in learning more about quality synthetic turf check out our range: http://www.coolaroo.com/synthetic-grass

• Vy
    vor 7 Jahren

they had it at the kids' school..looks fake and stinks ..damp smell..

• PRO
    Unreal Grass Ltd
    vor 7 Jahren

Yay & Nay :)

Poor quality product &/or install = Nothing worse
    Good quality product & professional installation (or DiY guidance) = You'll love it!

Recent Before & Afters · Mehr Info

Feel free to ask away :)
    http://www.grasspro.co.nz/recent-projects/

• PRO
    Grow Lush
    vor 7 Jahren

will look got for the first year then downhill from there

• PRO
    Fern & Fig
    vor 7 Jahren

Love it, great low maintenance idea

• Nathan Roger
    vor 7 Jahren

Nothing beats a well maintained lawn.

• PRO
    Civic Steel Homes
    vor 7 Jahren

We have had some good success with small areas. There are some high quality products available now that look fantastic

Chelmer · Mehr Info

• Monika Kryger
    vor 7 Jahren

Yes, have a dog and wouldn't change it for anything

• PRO
    Retro furniture restored and upcycled
    vor 7 Jahren

I saw a small balcony with fake grass and a hammock, It looked really good. I think for small areas maybe where there is not a lot of natural sunlight it would work really well.

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.