Houzz Logo Print
hdecfun

Fun in the Sun!

havingfun
vor 8 Jahren

The Houzz has been really hard lately. So I am serving up drinks by the Houzz Pool. A few margaritas, maybe a snack or two. Lets enjoy the sunset together, nice and warm in the company of good friends.

All kind souls are welcome to party. unkindness, gets reported instantly.

Now Lets Party!

pool party in caribbean pictures - Yahoo Image Search Results · Mehr Info

Kommentare (1.577)

• havingfun
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren

tell him only if you get to save it for the wedding.

• mefor
    vor 7 Jahren

Would it it be more like the first two? They're not too bad, I'm not loving the brighter pinks that much

havingfun hat mefor gedankt
  • havingfun
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren

reminds me of my sons wanting pink flamingos for the lawn. first him then everyone! ugh. of course, then again, it is not forever!

• LouieT
    vor 7 Jahren

Are there Pink flamingos are in FL?

Wow those pink suits are not for the faint hearted!

havingfun hat LouieT gedankt
  • dogmom5
    vor 7 Jahren

Lots of pink Flamingos in southern FL. Visited Flamingo Gardens & bird sanctuary just north of Miami. I've never seen so many pink flamingos together. I could bore you with 100 pics.

There are many protected bird sanctuaries/refuges on nature conservation land with trails or boardwalks to follow over swamps, flatlands, & other terrains. Flamingo sightings are frequent.

havingfun hat dogmom5 gedankt
  • dogmom5
    vor 7 Jahren

I'm having a serious problem with chipmunks coming into the house trying to find birdseed. They ate through the slider screen door. When I kept the slider closed, they began chewing the wooden frame. Although the hole is duct taped they're chewing above it. I watched one come in & right out, The bird seed is in jars away from the slider. We just bought a "wicker" deck chest to hold the seed but now am afraid they'll ruin it, Never had this problem. Any suggestions?

• havingfun
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren

no idea, i am battling mice again. they are very determined this year.

actually dogm there are not a lot of flamingos in fl in the wild at least. a flock has been sited in the keys, first in like 80 years, they are not sure if they escaped or came from the islands.

most of time when someone says they saw a flamingo, they are not knowledgeable and are seeing a roseate spoonbill. of which there are precious few of those left either. but there is always hope. ones in capitivity are very common, they are not hard to maintain as we are a natural habitat.

i meant the plastic ones, that everyone had when i was a child. in fl you generally refer to live flamingos as that . the plastic ones are given a color. up here i have even seen black ones for the ravens. silly people.

• havingfun
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren

beware, i just heard the drinking thread is gone.

• User
    vor 7 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 7 Jahren

Dogmom, I had problems with squirrels getting at my birdseed. I stored it in an old insulated cooler. They chewed at it for ages, and seemed to give up once they got through the first layer of plastic. They went like gangbusters at first and now haven't touched it for a couple of years

havingfun hat User gedankt
  • User
    vor 7 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 7 Jahren

HF, you can repurpose those old pink flamingos. LOL

• havingfun
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren

think i should send him one roxsy? i did send him a hand made towel rod of flamingos. he did not really like it, i think i still have it from the last time he gave it back. we had some friends a while ago. took them to this fancy sandwich shop. $8 smoked turkey sandwich with special fillings etc. friend says, yeah its an ok turkey sandwich. i fear i am much the same about flamingos. seen one you seen them all.

• havingfun
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren

if you ever cared, now is the time.

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/swap-dsvw-vd~3216452

• Boomers775
    vor 7 Jahren

Sorry mefor and having. Did not get a chance to check back here until now. Thank you for the pink suits. So glad I got back in time to stop it from happening. lol He landed up with a kind of shiny grey with a cranberry shirt and hot pink tie! Very sharp. Will send a pic after alterations are made on jacket.

Having troubles here with rodents too but mostly spiders spiders and more spiders. Japanese beetles will be back all too soon. Am getting a little tired of fighting Mother Nature here. If it weren't for these 3 kids, apartment living would be looking pretty good right now. Oh don't mind me. Just feeling a little overwhelmed seeing all the work greeting me after being away for two weeks. Needing some beach time and don't know where I left you :-)

havingfun hat Boomers775 gedankt
  • havingfun
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren

i think everyone has been busy. mefor took us to Tahiti, and we are sorta camped there while we deal with personal lives i guess. on Louie's we are making shecaves! everything is just sorta going slow right now.

• Boomers775
    vor 7 Jahren

Will have to check in there. Haven't talked to Louie in what seems like forever. Have to take care of business that was kept waiting for my return then will see you there later.

• havingfun
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren

you little world traveler you!

• Jenn TheCaLLisComingFromInsideTheHouse
    vor 7 Jahren

Ugh, sunlight? What is wrong with you @havingfun!? There's no reason for all that sun, and heat, and ARRGHHRAWRRRR.

havingfun hat Jenn TheCaLLisComingFromInsideTheHouse gedankt
  • havingfun
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren

Top 10 The Best Drinks in the World · Mehr Info
    take a load off jen, try this it will balance that sun right out!

• mefor
    vor 7 Jahren

I think we'll be needing that pitcher refilled a few times, today we're going to try to learn some traditional Tahitian dancing from Wiki how, lol. Please be patient and have a couple of sips in between steps, I'm not sure how anyone can learn a dance from the diagrams shown, but we can have a great time trying :)

please dress appropriately for today's activity and put flowers in your hair :)

http://m.wikihow.com/Dance-Tahitian

• havingfun
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren

got it, what i am best at, dancing to the drums! lol

now do that with books on your head, i can!

Phew, let me catch my breath, jot thought my butt was gonna fall out of the chair!

and you get to do it bafted! my exe used to tell me, shoes come off home we go! the gogo in me really got tired of him sometimes. when i was younger, i could have danced for hours, if i had known then, i would have been dancing on the way to the op rm.

Anyway, a little more refreshment?

Top 10 The Best Drinks in the World · Mehr Info

• havingfun
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren

oh and i forgot one of my favorite wedding presents. JOT got me a living flower circlet like that to wear. never had any idea. never even mentioned it. how could you not love that?

• havingfun
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren

ok, i got most of the outfit, i just don't know what to do with the top? they had none that fit!

Hau hip belt with long strands by ISLANDMANA on Etsy · Mehr Info

Turquoise decorated hau skirt by ISLANDMANA on Etsy · Mehr Info
    true it is a little vivid.

• mefor
    vor 7 Jahren

What a sweet thing for him to do, so pretty and romantic!! That really is a sign of a keeper... knowing, without being told :))))))))

Can't say I blame you, should always do what we love, never know when we may not be able to anymore, but you're still dancing inside :)

• mefor
    vor 7 Jahren

You'll be like a tropical bird :)

shimmy those hips, girl, dance until dawn!!

Just find a gorgeous bathing suit top to match and you'll be set :)

• mefor
    vor 7 Jahren

How's everyone doing?

Have graduation yet, boomers?

Having, is the warm weather being kind to you?

Louie, how's she shed planning?

Anything new Rox and dogmom?

I've been very busy gardening, painting and planning a few projects. Some beach time is now due, I've been working hard enough to deserve it :)

• havingfun
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren

i think we have a terrible case of doldrums! I am trying to work on this sC trip. $1100 for the week, cool - $600 in fees!

• mefor
    vor 7 Jahren

Where are you going in SC? Beach? Is it a hotel or rental? That's a great price

• havingfun
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren

it is a rental. i don't know we can fly them up go to the beach up here and pay less than there. and we do not have to figure me out.

• havingfun
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren

ok, last night i knew exactly how to say this, but i waited too long. It was so clear! But i think it is much like the rainbow thing, it just seems easy and clear.

I woke in the middle of the night 3:00 am to be exact. I went to the little room and returned to bed, was sitting waiting for my breath to return. Suddenly, I felt no pain, healthy, like i was a kid again. I remembered the man I saw at an attraction whose feet were ugly, at the time, I thought, cover those feet are you not embarrassed? This time I thought, how painful it must be, and how can i make it better. I remembered a child in a wheel chair and how i thought, how awful that must be, may i never be like that. Now i thought, how may i help this person to do more with their life?

I had in my mind to go swimming, and there was a very blue lake, and there were no weeds or gators or crocs or even snakes and i swam a bunch of laps. then i warmed in the golden sunlight they had there. It seemed to last forever. Finally it was time to go. And as i left, they told me, that for the entire time i was there the world was at peace, no bad things happened. As i sat on the edge of my bed i realized that although they had all the time, it all meant nothing. the time was exactly one moment at 3:02 am.

I do not fully understand it, or how it could help anyone, but i think that if we could each have one moment like that, the world would be a lot better off.

• User
    vor 7 Jahren
    HF, it sounds like inner peace for you. Wonderful!
  • mefor
    vor 7 Jahren

What a beautiful thing you experienced, yes, hard to explain, but powerful and meaningful to you. I love that the feeling was one of empathy, of sharing, of caring and needing to help. I also love that you felt healthy and young and fit, a very precious thing, you must have been amazed. Did you tell JOT right away?

Maybe keep a pen and paper or your phone nearby, so you can record all you experience if it happens again. So you can remember all of it clearly later :)

xox

• havingfun
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren

oh, oh, on to more important things! does anyone know how to get a pic on here? it keeps telling me it is too big! got a pic of the grand, wanted to share.

Ok, so now we are not going to SC, we are going to NC, staying at her family's rental home - paying rent of course and dr has approved my oxygen at that level. yeah!

well guess i am cleansed, am i looking any skinnier? lol

• User
    vor 7 Jahren

HF, I would love to see a photo of your grandson. I am of no use in the tech area though:(

• havingfun
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren

Famous People Laughing Free - - Yahoo Image Search Results · Mehr Info
    hopefully if we keep hiding here and only pop out every so often to see if someone comes to help, we will get someone in soon?

I hope so, i actually have a real baby pic now. i so wanted to share!

• User
    vor 7 Jahren

LOL HF, don't hide!

I hope you figure out how to get the picture on here. You deserve to get to share it with us. :)

• havingfun
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren

well, i don't know about deserve, but i do want to. it is after all the only time i will ever be a grandma so i look forward to milking it all to the max! lol

• Nats6
    vor 7 Jahren

Copy ( Not move) the image to desktop or other folder, click on properties of image and resize, save. Grandson was born in November? He must be gorgeous now.

havingfun hat Nats6 gedankt
  • havingfun
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren

thanks nats, born in oct and he is, sporting a mohawk too! do you know what size i should make it? i tried once and it still did not like.

• Nats6
    vor 7 Jahren

Having, try with an image viewer, I use FastStone or Photoscape, and between 990x600 or 750x750 depending on shape. Go down from there, just keep trying. Hope this helps.

havingfun hat Nats6 gedankt
  • havingfun
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren

thanks will do, on it again tomorrow. yeah!!!!!!

• dogmom5
    vor 7 Jahren

Been away for a long time. Have really missed & thought of you all even though not here. Hope everyone's doing well, had a great summer. Where's Everyone? Have you all left me behind?!

• dogmom5
    vor 7 Jahren

mefor, boomers, having fun, all the rest, anyone? Maybe you're all working on tans lying on an exotic beach somewhere sipping on those pretty drinks with umbrellas in them?

• havingfun
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren

oh, if only! went last weekend to see son, baby mom, and grandson. Girlfriend is very nice. grandbaby is adorbs! still trying to figure out the pic thing! guess i will not be moving to the mountains, though it was much cooler there. my oxygen was horrible. just got back tuesday, after 11 pm. ran out of oxygen. so had to stay in hotel. jot was sick and did not tell me. getting out from local hospital today. lord have mercy!

Hope you have had a great summer! and all the rest of you too!

• havingfun
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren

louie, bubba, dogmom, reddp, mefor, and everyone else not missing in action. May you have a beautiful christmas, and if you are one of the missing in action, Know that we care and miss you.

Light Up Ornament Tree on Canvas | Hometalk · Mehr Info
    huggs and kisses!

• texasboykin
    vor 7 Jahren
    Hey my sweet Fun and all you lovelies! Hope everyone is doing well and will have a Merry Christmas! Life became a little overwhelming for a while. Thought I was going to lose my mother and after many hospital stays and home changes we have her doing better. It's been a crazy end of year and I decided to concentrate on getting everything back to normal. Fun, I am finally back on track and framing of house is taking place right now. I will keep going as far as I can monetarily. I'm sorry I disappeared for so long. Depression is a finicky thing. But I'm back to my old self and have missed and thought of you all very often. MERRY CHRISTMAS y'all!!!
    havingfun hat texasboykin gedankt
  • Boomers775
    vor 7 Jahren
    Well I'm one of the MIA's but couldn't pass up the opportunity to wish you all a glorious Merry Christmas.
  • havingfun
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren

so wonderful to hear from the 2 of you! Houzz has been a very safe playground of late so come play anytime! We are all still here. hope in the meantime you have a great new year!

• Boomers775
    letztes Jahr

Just going through my idea books and came across this old post. Anybody here still on Houzz?

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.