Houzz Logo Print
edubya

Best organization tip for Kids' Closets?

Emily H
vor 9 Jahren
Have you found a great way to control the chaos of a kid's closet? What tips do you have to pass on?

Share your experience! (photos encouraged)

Eclectic Kids · Mehr Info

Kommentare (15)

• nansdrew
    vor 9 Jahren
    Leave a bin in their closet for purging outgrown clothes, and empty it often. It's amazing how quickly they grow!
  • greenyogini
    vor 9 Jahren
    Offer as many organizing tools within their reach as possible - hanging rods, bins, drawers - and then teach them to use them on their own. The cubes pictured are great for keeping the chaos out of sight, but in my experience their contents are tougher to keep tidy, and things end up just getting tossed in. Great for toys, not so much for clothing items that get wrinkly, or for shoes (good luck finding the match!). I use some of those cubes myself for t-shirts - I stack them horizontally instead of vertically, so that the fold part faces upward and I can grab what I want without pulling out everything to get to the bottom, but I haven't seen a kid yet that can pull one shirt out at a time. Hangers work better for kids' clothes, in my opinion, but are more challenging for small hands and short arms to access without help.
  • wisneb
    vor 9 Jahren
    The kids can roll their t-shirts (tuck in sleeves), then put the rolls (facing out) of the bin. Obviously that won't work for dress shirts, but for everyday shirts/shorts - you can pack in a lot easily and it's within their reach.
  • PRO
    CLOSET ENVY INC.
    vor 9 Jahren
    Two of the biggest things I do for my customer is 1. double hanging. Kids get the lower bar, adults get the top bar for nicer clothes. 2. Hooks!. IT prevents crap from going on the floor. 3 ( I know I said 2, but whatever...) open shelving. Can be used for books, clothes, toys. Get them in the habit of putting stuff away.
  • Sigrid
    vor 9 Jahren

Have a dresser instead and remove out-of-season or outgrown stuff. Use drawer dividers.

Have boys, who only care if they have one sock for each foot, not whether the sox match each other and who will wear neutral pants or jeans that go with every shirt. Further, the boy will probably complain about shopping and whine to be done sooner, discouraging you from buying more than the minimum he needs.

• Sally Pascale
    vor 9 Jahren

After four kids, I found that closing the door to the hallway worked wonders.

• PRO
    The Closet Monkey
    vor 8 Jahren

In addition to the recommendations above, a hanging shoe rack can be very helpful when storing t-shirts! Just roll them up and you can fit around three in each.

• PRO
    Pier, Fine Associates
    vor 8 Jahren

I have a great article about useful tips for organizing your kid's closet! Happy to share with you: http://www.realsimple.com/home-organizing/organizing/closets/kids-closet-organization

Hope this helps!

• J J
    vor 8 Jahren
    With my kids input, I picked out a week of outfits and labled in bins Monday-Friday. Morning routine was quick, easy and closet was organized.
  • PRO
    Ducks in Order: Professional Organizing
    vor 8 Jahren

I recommend to clients to HANG all shirts, sweaters, and dresses. A few easy to open drawers or bins in the closest for shorts, pants, under garments, pjs and socks. Chest of drawers only invite the chaos and the black hole effect!

• PRO
    Adrienne Arteaga@Closet Factory (Ft Lauderdale)
    vor 6 Jahren

I recommend getting good hanger with rubber edges to keep the clothes on the hanger. Kids can be a bit hasty when getting their own clothes out of their closet. Rubber hanger help keep the clothes Hanging on the Hanger when kids wrestle in their closet with a quickness.

• Casandra383 Dean
    vor 6 Jahren
    Get rid of most of the stuff and make them clean their own room! I have 5 kids and have found the less stuff they have, the more they actually use what they do have.
    I occasionally intervene in the 5&3 yo-old's room, the rest of the kids keep up their own rooms, (not necessarily to my satisfaction!:)
    I also do 'capsule wardrobes' for each of my kids to keep the amount of clothes reasonable.
  • PRO
    Adrienne Arteaga@Closet Factory (Ft Lauderdale)
    vor 6 Jahren

HATS OFF to you....5 kids. God Bless! Thanks for the comment SuperMOM!

• PRO
    Maids Prime
    vor 5 Jahren

This is something we often do for our clients between seasons. Make sure to remove kids clothes from the last season and go through them. Put in boxes all the clothes that kids will outgrow when the time comes to wear them again. You can pass on the clothes to friends or family who have younger kids or simply give them to a charity. Don't pile clothes that you and your family won't be using anymore no matter how cute or high quality they are.

Organize special drawers for socks and laundry, shirts, pants, as well as hangers for dresses and nicer clothes. Teach your kids to match socks and pack as much as possible as early as possible. When they get a habit of taking care of their own stuff, you won't be even thinking about this anymore.

Gesponsert

Laden Sie die Seite neu, um diese Anzeige nicht mehr zu sehen

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.