Houzz Logo Print
veryvicki16

Is this pathway compacted dirt or some other material?

veryvicki16
vor 12 Jahren
Love the color and the texture!
Country Estates · Mehr Info

Kommentare (4)

• PRO
    www.KarlGercens.com
    vor 11 Jahren
    Hi Vicki, that garden is in Southern California where the soil is clay to begin with. The necesary irrigation falls only on the plantings to conserve water so the native earth needed only a layer of grit added each year to achieve this wonderfully natural pathway. You could achieve a similar look in a wetter climate by removing the layer of topsoil and adding it to the adjacent planting bed. Layer some thick gravel toped with grit to finish the look. I hope this answers your question. You may always contact me via my website above.

Best,

Karl
  • veryvicki16
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 11 Jahren
    Thank you so much, Kari. I'm getting ready to make some paths in my garden so I just might try your suggestion.
  • calan456
    vor 10 Jahren
    Love the feeling of this pathway. It looks like you've put in a line of metal edging between the path and garden. What type of edging was used and how deep does it go? Thank you.
  • jazzist
    letztes Jahr

This type of walkway surface is very popular in many Western European public parks and gardens. Nice to see it make it her in North America!

I live in Virginia where it’s considerably wetter than California and our ground is clay. How is it done for this climate to keep it looking good and weed free?

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.