Houzz Logo Print
graywolf1

Landscaping ideas

T. Harris
vor 9 Jahren
Just purchased this home...I had the giant bush ripped out of the front but now do not know what to do next...any ideas? We live in Michigan so not sure about what trees to plant.

Kommentare (5)

• apple_pie_order
    vor 9 Jahren
    Check with your local nursery about what to plant when. Fall planting of bulbs would be appropriate now, for example.
  • T. Harris
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 9 Jahren
    Thank you...I should have been more specific. I had the giant bush removed from the front window. Should I replace it with an evergreen, a deciduous tree, or just plant lower bushes with perennials and annual plants?
  • apple_pie_order
    vor 9 Jahren
    I'd start with annuals in spring because it will give you more time to plan (after putting in a couple of $30 bags of 75 daffodil bulbs this fall). When you are ready, pick some ground hugging shrubs that will stay less than knee high, or some perennials. Shrubs look best when pruned so that they are a foot or so shorter than the window sills. Your front entry is a large space that will take some planning to show off the beautiful house and approach.
  • PRO
    US Home Developers Inc.
    vor 9 Jahren
    With so much space in front why not "close it" with a natural 2-3' high hedges around the border of the property. You can then create spaces within for different purposes, including potentially having an outdoor patio. Keep in mind though, the more flora you plant, the more maintenance you'd have to do to keep them up. Mixing it up with a patio, or even creating an area with natural stones would still keep the aesthetic but minimize the maintenance.
  • PRO
    Red Berm
    vor 9 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 9 Jahren
    We call shrubs up by the house foundation shrubs and I think it is a good idea to plant low shrubs or grasses and a small flowering tree would be nice. Spirea grows out there but I would definitely check with your nursery for other options as well.
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.