carolanne_hunt

Colour for accent wall??

Carolanne Hunt
vor 5 Jahren
The room is currently painted sage green and I would like to remove the cabinets from the fireplace wall and paint it an accent colour. The room is currently sage green and there is quite a bit of pink in the anglestone. Any other suggestions would be appreciated as well.

Kommentare (12)

• PRO
    flair lighting
    vor 5 Jahren
    i dont want to paint it i want to move all the furniture around lol. i would do all beige and if you wanted taupe around the fireplace. to pull from the carpet, and not from the pinks. i could also see grays in this room.
    Beste Antwort
  • PRO
    Dytecture
    vor 5 Jahren
    A bit tough to see the 'true' colors of the room in the photo attached.
  • Carolanne Hunt
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    I will try to post another picture taken in the daylight.
  • PRO
    Complete Interior Design and Staging
    vor 5 Jahren
    I would get rid of the Sage Green altogether. I think a mushroom color on the 3 walls would do wonders to bring the room together. Then on the accent wall.... take a breath... Navy Blue. There is navy in the area rug so the colors conversation in the room will be consistent. Also, You might pitch the old throw pillows and invest in a few new ones that will more easily join the conversation.
  • PRO
    vor 5 Jahren
    ... Like this
  • PRO
    vor 5 Jahren
    I don't think the photo posted... Here we go...
  • Carolanne Hunt
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    It's not navy in the rug though...it's black. there is sage green in the rug. I know it's hard to tell the colour from the picture. The dining room is also sage green with wallpaper on one wall. It was only painted a couple of years ago and the room is so large I dread the idea of painting it all over again. That's why I thought I could fix it with a feature wall at the fireplace.
  • decoenthusiaste
    vor 5 Jahren
    If you remember the color that is the sage on the walls, you might just go three steps darker than that on the same color strip.
  • Carolanne Hunt
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    Thank you but will it make the rose look pinker with green on that wall?
  • decoenthusiaste
    vor 5 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 5 Jahren
    Best way to know is to get a sample pot and paint a 15" square in the center of a large white poster board. Hang it on the wall to see how the FP stone and the light effects it. Can't see how pink your stone is. Other colors with sage could be chocolate or orange. Might try them too.
  • colournut
    vor 5 Jahren
    The beige or mushroom idea from the pros sounds really luxurious. Less colours/more uniformity will give you a more elegant feel.

Would really like to hear @Flair Lighting 's ideas for furniture re-arrangement!

The quick fix seems to be to make the feature wall a few shades darker as the rest of the room. You might be disappointed with pink ... it could date your room.

Hope you share your end result with us.
  • Carolanne Hunt
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    Thanks so much for all of your ideas.
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Indem Sie weiterhin auf der Website surfen bzw. die App nutzen, stimmen Sie der Verwendung von Cookies und von ähnlichen Verfahren der Houzz Gruppe zur Verbesserung der Produkte, Dienstleistungen, zur Darstellung von relevanten Inhalten und um das Nutzererlebnis anzupassen, zu. Mehr erfahren.