Houzz Logo Print
koppelaar

Eggbeaters

Jo-anna Koppelaar
vor 11 Jahren
I received a whole box of antique eggbeaters. Any suggestions on how to display them in my kitchen? Any ideas would be great! Thanks!

Kommentare (8)

• Laura Zinter
    vor 11 Jahren
    I can't visualize exactly what these are, but what about a few large jars arrange like canisters with the beaters inside. Maybe a chalkboard label on the outside.

Or use jars for sugar, flour etc and tie an egg beater to the outside with twine.
  • collachi
    vor 11 Jahren
    Something like this?
  • collachi
    vor 11 Jahren
    Depending on the style of your kitchen, of course, you could get deep shadowbox and install hooks inside to hang them. You could get a deep picture frame, put in a piece of wood painted to coordinate with your kitchen, or covered in fabric, and hang them inside. You could install a long, plain bar-style drawer pull on the wall and hang them from s-hooks from the bar.
  • PRO
    AjWDC, Aj Williams Design Company
    vor 11 Jahren
    Agreed @collachi. I might also suggest large mason jars. Extend the fact that they are antiques and the idea that they are cherished. You can place the egg beaters in the jars and display them on shelves, counter tops or on top of your cabinets. Placing them in a shadow box or in mason jars can highlight the fact that they are beautifully old kitchen utensils that have been collected. If you keep collecting, you can hang them all (like a modern sculpture/mobile).
  • greenthumb2
    vor 11 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 11 Jahren
    Encasing them will make it easier for you to clean. I hung mine up on the country kitchen wall (only one of them) with an old rolling pin, and a wooden rooster.

If you don't have to dust -- you can have them made into a small chandelier, or do the mason jar idea but make lamps. thinking outside the box for you. :=)

Even a glass table with a drawer under the glass would give you an opportunity to make little statements of treasures. It's a bit of a "dated" idea but can be a conversation piece.

For example; I have my dad's bib overalls from 1933. I plan to put them together in a frame with his picture at 2 wearing them. I will have them in my laundry room....I keep my old cast iron irons next to the wood stove. Not alot, mind you, just 2.

Enjoy the process!
  • greenthumb2
    vor 11 Jahren
    or, make them into kitchen towel racks. must be out of harms way though. :=)
  • charleee
    vor 11 Jahren
    Take them to a lighting store, maybe they could make a country chandilier with them, something clever?
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.