Houzz Logo Print
lauren_capper

Looking for solution for noise through our windows

Lauren Capper
vor 8 Jahren
I,m confused with all the options, has anyone got experience.

Kommentare (4)

• PRO
    Anna Cottee Designs
    vor 8 Jahren

Try a company called Magnetite. I successfully reduced noise levels from the trains which passed our house on a regular basis and the annoying noises caused by trucks reversing into the hotel delivery dock next door which happened at 7am every morning. I would say that the noise levels decreased by about 80%. It's not an inexpensive option but much less than double glazing. They not only add a noise screening layer to the window panes but also a seal around the window to reduce noise from gaps between the window and walls.

• PRO
    Audsley Windows
    vor 8 Jahren

Have a close look around the edges of the window for any gaps, if the window has an open-able component, check the seals are in good order and you can not see any daylight through any parts of the window frame. If you can feel a draft coming in from any part of the window it will also be letting sound in. I would also recommend looking above and below the window as sometimes there can be other gaps and holes letting in air and sound into the room. explore the simple problems first and then if you are still un-happy with the amount of sound entering the room, look at improving the glazing.

• Chanop
    vor 8 Jahren
    Double glazing all the way. My in laws have magnetite in their unit, when compared with our unit in the same building which we have uPVC double glazing, their window is not as quiet. It cheaper, but you also get what you pay for.
  • PRO
    EuroGlazing Retrofit Double Glazing
    vor 7 Jahren

If you like the idea of magnetite but not so much the 3mm pvc panels that attach with magnets, there is a much classier option which is frameless 8mm thick glass. We use tiny stainless steel hinges, and even have a hinge in the glass so if you have a double hung window it just folds up and you get you fresh air all day... Close the window and fold down and you sleep peacefully all night.

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.