Houzz Logo Print
emmelinewe

POLL: Favourite berry?

Emmeline Westin
vor 8 Jahren

There are plenty of tasty and healthy berries out there, but which one is your favourite?

Edible landscapes · Mehr Info

Other - tell us!

Kommentare (15)

• Andrew Millar
    vor 8 Jahren
    chuck.
  • PRO
    Miles Garden Design
    vor 8 Jahren

Raspberries - delicious and low maintenance

• Olena Tkach
    vor 8 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 8 Jahren

Among wild berries it's definitely the cloudberry and cranberry, among those I've had in my garden - gooseberry, all the currants and jostaberry.

• Olena Tkach
    vor 8 Jahren

Miles Garden Design, that may depend on the certain cultivar, but our raspberry wasn't the one I'd call 'low maintenance': you have to cut it twice a year and those thousands of thorns don't make it easy. It's also not easy to gather the berries because of them.

• PRO
    Miles Garden Design
    vor 8 Jahren

We grow Autumn raspberries Olena Tkach. You only have to cut them down to the base in Feb every year. My 4 year seems to harvest them no problem - there are hardly any left for anyone else!

• Jane Caborn
    vor 8 Jahren
    Has to be gooseberries for me.
  • Zette A Hutchins
    vor 8 Jahren

I love those lime green blueberries and the strawbs that are green and blue like softy fur to sooth them down the froght.

My triplets only eat brown bananas so what is do is put them in a brown paper bag and then warm them up in the microwave with chocolates. Who would have them????? :D

• User
    vor 8 Jahren

sounds beautiful zette

brown babnanas are better than any berries

mostly they are sour little mouldy balls!!!

• Jess B
    vor 7 Jahren

Fluffy strawberries....:|...luzchly

• PRO
    The Lampshade Company
    vor 7 Jahren

Strawberries are my favourite!

• PRO
    RetroLicious Ltd
    vor 7 Jahren

Totally superior fruit, super funky with cream and make ya feel great!!

• User
    vor 7 Jahren

I just planted my terraces - one with 23 blueberry bushes. They are already producing quite prolifically. I picked over a gallon Sunday morning, so there was only one thing to do: blueberry pancakes with a rasher of bacon!

• Emmeline Westin
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren

Definitely a wise choice @southernpointofview! Where are you based? Doesn't look like England!

• User
    vor 7 Jahren

@Emmeline - Thanks very much. They were delicious. You are correct - I'm based in the Southern US. My family is proud of our English heritage and have maintained strong ties to the "Mother Country" over the years. We enjoy the House UK site, and I hope that I'm not offending anyone by posting here.

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.