Houzz Logo Print
rachdeo

Need help for Clay Roof

rachdeo
vor 11 Jahren
My clay roof has been leaking since we built this house 5 years ago. So much so that the ceiling is now rotting and falling down in chunks, both the drywall and the plywood in between the drywall and clay. The joining between the split level also leaks down the wall whenever it is hot and it had been raining prior. The builders tried to fix it several times in the first 2 years, trying different sealants on the wall and roof, and trying layers of cement over the flashing at the wall, but couldn't solve the problem. Is this a clay roof in the picture here? Does clay have a lot of pores? How can they prevent it from leaking? Ideas for split level wall? I live in Belize and don't have access to professional roofers experienced in clay. One roofer said to coat with tar, another to use expandable cement good in rain, another to replace with zinc... Please help if you can. Thank you
adwait kher · Mehr Info

Kommentare (2)

• PRO
    uttara and adwait
    vor 11 Jahren
    wow !! this is going to need a few questions answered by you, before i can address your worries. . pls call on 0091-9850041890 ( india) preferably between 10000 hrs - 1500 hrs. would be glad to help. and yes, it is a clay tiled roof in the picture above.
  • rachdeo
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 11 Jahren
    Thank you very much for your offer, I am finding it difficult to call at this time, it is the middle of the night for me and the price to call India is very expensive, can you email me instead? If not, I will try to call. I have attached two photos of my ceiling

Thank you, my email address is rachauil@yahoo.com
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.