Houzz Logo Print
patyarias

Our new kitchen.

patyarias
vor 7 Jahren
Need help choosing the granite for my kitchen.

Kommentare (66)

• patyarias
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren
    White sand with that backsplash or white galaxy with a simple backsplash that I will look for on monday.
  • patyarias
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren
    gustaviatex, floors in the picture is from showroom. My floors are wood dark brown color.
  • Ähnliche Diskussionen

Genießt Du ausgedehntes Frühstücken?

Q

Kommentare (13)
    @christo, auch vegan kannst du viele leckere Sachen auf den Brunchtisch stellen. Versch. Müsli- und Breisorten, Dips süß und herzhaft dazu Gemüse - und Obststicks, Muffins, Suppen, veg Käse ( dauert ein wenig bis man den für sich schmackhaftesten gefunden hat) es gibt auch eine vegane Leberwurst auf Grünkernbasis sehr herzhaft Zum Knabbern zwischendurch Nüsse, Mandeln, Beerenfrüchte frisch oder getrocknet am Wichtigsten sind die Menschen mit denen man die Mahlzeit teilt. Anregende Gespräche und eine tolerante Ernährungseinstellung sind da eine gute Vorraussetzung.
    ...mehr

Was schenkt man einem Hipster zur Einweihungsparty?

Q

Kommentare (21)
    Aperol - das geht immer und wenn man's selber nicht trinkt findet sich sicher jemand im Freundeskreis, der den Job übernimmt...
    ...mehr

Küchenplan Hilfe sucht

Q

Kommentare (1)
    https://kuechenplanung-cornelius.de
    ...mehr

Kitchen/dining room wall

Q

Kommentare (5)
    Hello! I would definitely recommend to take out the wall. Your room will feel so much more spacious and bright because you'll also get the light from the window when you sit at the dining table. Kitchen island is a perfect idea – it creates a lot of extra storage and is ideal for a communicative kitchen/dining situation (no divider between kitchen and dining area). With various shelves and built-in cabinets you can create even more storage room. Living in a space before making any changes is a wise decision – as long as it comes to furniture. When it's about taking out a wall you'll probably never do that later on ;) Happy to discuss if you need more inspiration / ideas – Just book a time that suits you. Cheers Anna
    ...mehr
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    vor 7 Jahren

I ilke the galaxy and I would do a very simple glass subway tile in a color that goes with the granite

• patyarias
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren
    The only thing about the galaxy is that when I saw it in the model home in the big island has lots of little purple spots that I didn't like, but I love it in the sample.
  • kathleen MK
    vor 7 Jahren
    Gallo Fiorito can work with the broadest range of colors from brownish beige to cool grey. It would tie in the tan cabinet glaze and the wood floods. I would definitely use a solid color subway tile in white or cream. what looks too bright white in the showroom may be just right in the shadow of the upper cabinets.
  • PRO
    MLB Design Group
    vor 7 Jahren

Santa Cecelia granite. Backsplash should be quieter as has been suggested by others. Your cabinet doorstyle is very....classic and traditional. I would avoid the glass tiles you're considering as they are a more contemporary look.

• Susie Woods
    vor 7 Jahren
    If you see purple spots don't try to convince yourself its ok because it will bother you every time you look at it. Eliminate the option. If your floors are dark wood with the traditional cabinets stay with my suggestion from earlier. You can always change it up by installing the linear tiles Vertically instead of horizontal. Get some suggestions from the tile showroom for backsplash!!
  • Jolene
    vor 7 Jahren
    I like the 2nd from the left, I think it says white Galaxy. Then I would do a larger tile backsplash vs. the small ones you have chosen.
  • livinginsb
    vor 7 Jahren
    White sand and left
  • suzyq53
    vor 7 Jahren

White Galaxy does have maroon specks. I just put it in a rental. It goes better with pure white cabs. White Sand is probably your best bet.

• patyarias
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren
    Thank you everyone I'm going today to the design center and I'm going to try all your suggestions. More probably look for a little less traditional cabinets
  • User
    vor 7 Jahren

I like St Cecilia! I agree less busy backsplash though. What color are your cabinets?

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    vor 7 Jahren
    No matter what, insist on seeing the actual slabs of granite. These "samples" might not reflect current slabs coming in. When u see actual slabs forget names of them and bring your cabinet sample and a piece of your flooring. Also, be careful of backsplash colors with your cabinet overall look. Creams and whites can be challenging. If possible, get granite sample and take everything to your home and evaluate in the light of the space. Very important. Long beveled glazed subway tiles could brighten up space and yet be neutral enough with your cabinet choice. Long tiles would add a little modern interest and make for timeless yet updated look. Good luck. Integrating all the kitchen elements is challenging, so be patient and double check song get look that most pleases you. Balance is key.
  • patyarias
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren
    Okay these are my options:
  • patyarias
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren
    Option 2
  • csevene
    vor 7 Jahren
    Not sure on backsplash but ...
    love the white Galaxy!!!
  • Bruce Crawford
    vor 7 Jahren

I like both options, but lean twd. Opt. 1 b/c bksplsh in 2 looks dull betw. granite & cab.

• patyarias
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren
    I agree I wanted a warmer or darker color backsplash but I didn't fiend it.
  • patyarias
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren
    Option 3
  • Angela E
    vor 7 Jahren

I don't like the cabinet choice at all. But If I had to choose from the first bottom picture, I would go with the left choice. The tiny square mosaic looks way too busy. From the more recent photos, I would choose the plain subway tiles because they are more classic.

• sidney10
    vor 7 Jahren
    Option 2. I like the white galaxy granite. It appears that the traditional cabinets are "off white" in the photo. If that is the case, I think the white ceramic subway tile is too stark. I would suggest the same size ceramic subway tile in another color pulled from the white galaxy granite. There must be other color options the vendor can provide.
  • PRO
    ONYX + ALABASTER
    vor 7 Jahren
    Absolutely, White Galaxy. It has a great tonal look, fresh and clean, and neutral enough for longevity.
  • bluemarble
    vor 7 Jahren

I think the White Galaxy is a great choice as well. Our cabinets are very similar to yours. We went with a gray slate backsplash that neutralized the peach tones in the cabinet color. The granite we chose (River White?) is off-white with gray and beige movement throughout with burgundy flecks. Sounds pretty similar to what you described in White Galaxy.

• calisun06
    vor 7 Jahren

The cabinet is different, correct? Have you definitely decided against the first option? I love that pillow edge look it had! Also, is this one a little whiter? Or is that just different lighting? I wouldn't be against a bit whiter, although it doesn't need to be stark white. Which cabinet company is this? For granite I would go with the galaxy white because it seems like it has much more movement than the white sand. Also, you can never go wrong with a classic subway tile.

• patyarias
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren
    Yes the cabinets are a little different but all 3 options are the same bisque color. In the last pictures one has glaze and the other is without glaze.
  • patyarias
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren
    This is not my kitchen, we will star building next month but I have to choose everything tomorrow. This house is the same model like mine and I love the bisque color cabinets.
  • calisun06
    vor 7 Jahren

They do look very pretty, I can see why you like that color! And the sheen is really nice! Which cabinet company did you go with? I am trying to decide right now and it is a tough choice!

• patyarias
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren
    I don't know the name of the cabinet company, my appointment its tomorrow and I have until Friday to make any changes. I will check the name for you.
  • PRO
    AFS Mosaics
    vor 7 Jahren

My two cents: White Galaxy for the granite. Go simple with the field tile, with an "intrinsic" pop of interest like this: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/258394097346227074/ It comes in many different colors. I know Best Tile in Dedham, MA sells many of them. I recently recommended this tile as the field tile for my client (for whom I created and designed the "focal" mosaic for behind the range). It looks beautiful in their space, and incidentally, their cabinetry and granite is VERY similar to yours.

• patyarias
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren
    Thank you, I love this!. I'm definitely showing this picture at my appointment tomorrow.
  • calisun06
    vor 7 Jahren

Patyarias, very exciting! Keep us updated with your progress!

• patyarias
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren
    Calisun06, the cabinet company is Legacy.
  • calisun06
    vor 7 Jahren

I don't know that I have heard of Legacy. They look beautiful though! Have you made any decisions on your options?

• patyarias
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren
    I'm going to use the cabinet in the first picture and the white Galaxy granite. Still looking for the perfect backsplash, probably cream color subway tile with a line of something else.
  • PRO
    Shaker Interiors
    vor 7 Jahren
    A cream tile with crackle glaze would be pretty and not too busy with your other choices. It's very subtle, but adds a little more interest than a plain subway tile. Please post some pictures when you're finished, I can't speak for everyone on here, but it's always fun for me to see the completed project!
  • calisun06
    vor 7 Jahren
    Ooh what shaker interiors said about the crackle tile sounds really pretty! I have seen some subway tiles in that style and they were beautiful. I was thinking of something like that or really glazed looking for my backsplash...I need to pick out cabinets and countertops first though haha. Your choices are great though so far! I can't wait to see it when it's finished!
  • Bruce Crawford
    vor 7 Jahren

Patyarias, nice choices! If you want a cream color, how about beveled crema marfil subway tiles. I liked them for our bksplsh, but got overruled by executive veto.

• patyarias
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren
    They have this one and a really shine one in same color at the design center. But I would like to add an accent, something small.
  • patyarias
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren
    The lady from the DC suggested this.
  • calisun06
    vor 7 Jahren

What finish are you using for your hardware and fixtures?

• Bruce Crawford
    vor 7 Jahren

PatyArias, subway tile is perfect match. We used accent tile from Sonoma Tilemakers. I can send pic tomorrow, but you'd want different color.

• patyarias
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren
    Please post a picture. I'm making final decisions tomorrow afternoon.
  • Bruce Crawford
    vor 7 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 7 Jahren

PatyArias, this is their Tantrum line. The color of ours is Canyon & the style is Slivers. They have other shapes, including what they called carved patterns. The carved have several designs available. The border around the medallion is the best close-up of ours I have, but we used it on both ends of the sink wall backsplash & to frame the backsplash on the pantry counter backsplash. It looks amazing in the light. I cropped their palette and pasted it onto your pic above.

• Bruce Crawford
    vor 7 Jahren

If there are a couple three you think you like, let me know & I'll blow them up on your pic for better comparison. Even if Sonoma Tilemakers isn't your choice, you get a flavor for what's available.

• patyarias
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren
    That's absolutely beautiful. But I don't think they have something like that at the DC, but I'll try to fiend something similar. I can't see the names but I like the one in the last picture "tweed" and maybe one a little more brown.
  • Bruce Crawford
    vor 7 Jahren

Here's link to their .pdf brochure:

http://www.sonomatilemakers.com/brochures/STM_9.pdf

Here's link to Tantrum page on their website:

http://www.sonomatilemakers.com/ProductLine.aspx?prod-line-id=9

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    vor 7 Jahren
    Keep backsplash "quiet". You will create a lovely backdrop for decorative items you will add to counter and any wall hangings. Think of it as the way u put a good outfit together. Nice black dress (creamy backsplash) and then cute shoes (granite) then the jewelry is the decorative pots or teapot on stovetop, a decorative cookbook on pretty easel. You get the idea. I would also advise against crackle finish. Unless you have really good installer, these tiles are hard to make clean cuts. So it can look messy. Stick with glazed subway and they will add some reflective light quality which all kitchens benefit from. The picture with the custom medallion over the range top is beautiful but very specific and trend is toward no medallions. My guess is your budget will drive that. Best of luck.
  • baileysr
    vor 7 Jahren
    I am not a fan of busy granite, so I vote for the white sand.
  • PRO
    AFS Mosaics
    vor 7 Jahren
    @patyaria: did you make any final decisions on your backsplash?
  • Stacy Lawrence
    vor 7 Jahren

No accent tile!

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.