Houzz Logo Print
forestrose19

Pergola with retractable canopies vs. retractable awning

H Cole
vor 7 Jahren
zuletzt bearbeitet:vor 7 Jahren

I'm torn between two shade solutions for my back deck: a retractable Solair awning and a pergola with retractable canopies on tracks. Help me decide! Here's my deck. Comments and suggestions welcome.

Retractable awning ($2500) - would be a lighter neutral brown
Pergola with retractable canopies ($5000) - would be a solid medium gray, not striped

Kommentare (6)

• PRO
    Outback Construction
    vor 7 Jahren

How is your area for wind? Sudden thunder storms? You have to be more careful with a retractable for the above weather situations than the pergola system if your pergola system is like the brand that we typically install (ShadeTree) Another company to consider is Craftbilt for a retractable or pergola system.

It really depends on if you want to lower your shade system every time you want to use the deck or spend a little extra and already have it in place.

H Cole hat Outback Construction gedankt
  • H Cole
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren

We're in central NC so we get plenty of summer squalls and usually 1 or 2 serious thunderstorms a year. We would just plan to retract the awning anytime it wasn't in use. We'd probably also keep the pergola canopies retracted most of the time since we grow herbs on the deck. Thanks for the input!

• monicamarie
    vor 7 Jahren

One of the best things I have ever purchased is the Garden Treasurers pergola from Lowes, item #609521 model TP15-048C. You can easily move this canopy as the sun moves. Be sure to weave the canopy under the center cross bar and the wind is never a problem. It is extremely heavy but we still bolted it to the deck. For the price it is excellent!

• PRO
    Gerety Building and Restoration
    vor 7 Jahren

I agree with the Pergola. Apart from being more practical & permanent, it looks nicer too.

• PRO
    Garden State Shade LLC
    vor 7 Jahren

It looks like a pretty decent sized deck. If you prefer a retractable, it's going to have to be a decent projection (extension away from the house). I would make sure to choose a higher quality awning for the best and longest performance if you'll be using an awning to cover any more than 10'....with all due respect, a retractable awning seems to be a more practical solution. Open when you want shade/cover, no obstructions, and it's nearly invisible when it's closed.

I would suggest a stripe to mask any dirt or debris from what looks like a wooded area....Good luck!

Gesponsert

Laden Sie die Seite neu, um diese Anzeige nicht mehr zu sehen

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.