Houzz Logo Print
lgulino0319

Trying to Warm up a Gray Couch and Gray Wall Living Room

Lynn
vor 7 Jahren

These are some pictures of what I have so far!

This is what I have so far, looking for any advice at all how to move forward with this look. I realize I have clutter in the background but please try to ignore it..lol.

Kommentare (14)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    vor 7 Jahren

Well a colrful rug for starters , some art on the walls some pillows to go with the rug and the art and for sure all that clutter gone. That back right corner would have been the perfect place for the T.V

• Lynn
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren
    thanks
  • Dale Hadley
    vor 7 Jahren

Picking up the blues/teal and oranges in this pic in your rug and throw pillows. You can also incorporate color on your fireplace

• PRO
    Larkyn Interiors
    vor 7 Jahren

What about a longer more delicate ottoman? This one is west elm.

• User
    vor 7 Jahren
    Pia Chrome Coffee Table, Rose Gold · Mehr Info

Bali Breeze Low Square Accent Table, Silver Patina · Mehr Info

GDF Studio Tucson Natural Fabric Storage Ottoman Coffee Table · Mehr Info
  • PRO
    Inner Visions Interiors
    vor 7 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 7 Jahren

Family Friendly Glamour, Winchester MA · Mehr Info

Family Friendly Glamour, Winchester MA · Mehr Info
    Gray walls, combined with other neutrals in the gray family, white, black, gray are in the cool family. Easily spark some excitement in your family room with warm fuchsia, reds, rust tones on your accessories. Your easiest path would be to go bold with a warm area rug and matching pillows. If that is too scary, get an area rug in the same neutral family as your couches. IE. a gray-black rug like above, then layering in hot pillow colors and warm art work.

www.CompanyC.com has great rugs and coordinated pillows and throws.

• PRO
    Esmaili Rugs and Antiques, Inc.
    vor 7 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 7 Jahren

Hello Lynn and Houzz Pros.

Here is a mockup with a layered Moroccan rug; adds a pop of color and texture for that desired warmth aesthetic :)

Rug No. 20176

Rug No. 30309

• kjoy1
    vor 7 Jahren

West Elm

• PRO
    Ford & Associates
    vor 7 Jahren

I like your new 20176 rug with fun pops of color! I agree, a softer cocktail table with different texture would be a nice addition as well as accent pillows that you could bring in colors of your new rug. I think draperies and plants always give a room a cozy finished look as well and lamps will add the incandescent light that warms the room too. Good luck!

• PRO
    Larkyn Interiors
    vor 7 Jahren

One last thing. The hardwood floor has a a lot of orange in it (or maybe it's just the photo). I would neutralize that with a softer rug color- cream or gray. You could bring in pattern and color on the ottoman.

• User
    vor 7 Jahren
    What is the size of your room
  • PRO
    Todd Jersey Architecture
    vor 7 Jahren

i like the colors of the wall but they don't work with the floor sadly. I would repaint with a much warmer grey/green with focus on matching the floor not the sofas.

• calidesign
    vor 7 Jahren

It is the gold in the rug and the brown ottoman that are throwing off the colors. Remove those items and look at your floors, walls, and sofa without them. Take a photo that way which will make it easier for you to see. You need a rug that combines the warm colors of your floor with a tiny amount of the lighter grays, and some other colors.

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.