Houzz Logo Print
belleandlucy

Mailbox Placement

Michelle
vor 10 Jahren
I have a small front porch that I would like to place a narrow small bench on with a mail box attached. Is this possible? I really don't want a post so I thought the bench would be nice. Thoughts! Oh, it is a standard size mailbox which fits the bench perfectly.

Kommentare (9)

• PRO
    Bens General Contracting Corp.
    vor 10 Jahren
    I have a bad back. If I were the mailman and had to bend down every day to get to the mail box I would not be too happy.
  • PRO
    ASVInteriors
    vor 10 Jahren
    I think there are probably some codes that apply to mailbox placement (and I am pretty sure this would not apply) best to research - and if you want to be nice to your mailman, perhaps find another solution?
  • Michelle
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 10 Jahren
    there are 4 steps to the top entrance of the porch where this would sit , I placed the bench on the top step and open the mailbox there is no bending to put mail in. Better pictures
  • Michelle
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 10 Jahren
    sorry porch looks messy I have a huge oak tree in the neighbor's yard
  • leelee
    vor 10 Jahren
    It will look like it broke off it's post and you've just set it on the bench. I think there are probably USPS rules about the placement of the mailbox.

You could get the type that mounts on the wall. That would make your small porch look less cluttered.
  • PRO
    ASVInteriors
    vor 10 Jahren
    Looking at your porch, could you not put it on a very large pillar and place it perpendicular and on top of your railing? If you got it in red then the contrast against the bush beside it would be quite stunning.
  • Michelle
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 10 Jahren
    that is a great idea, there are lilac bushes on each side of the porch, now next question, where would find a large pillar, I assume it would have to be wood to attach the mailbox
  • Michelle
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 10 Jahren
    oh, currently mailbox is on the house and I can't reach inside the box, have to use a step stool
  • PRO
    ASVInteriors
    vor 10 Jahren
    Pillar or post (Home Depot/Lowes?) ask them and explain what you are doing. You will need some kind of base to attach to the top of the post and then screw to the mailbox. You might need a cement base. Talk to the people at Home Depot to help you through the logistics. (Where I live we have different building techniques)
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.