Houzz Logo Print
marineladanut_bodnarescu

Loft bedroom staircase ! I need help here !!!

So here I am finishing out dream house and we have our boys room and a big dilemma . They will have a room to play the roll of a living room for them , and a loft room as bedroom leading from their living room . The question is : what kind of staircase and handrail to use ? We want a modern look . Light colour and very safe . I have some ideas but struggle to decide . We thought stairs with wardrobe integrated under , or simple steel one , or etc etc ...I would really appreciate some advice . I have only a few days to decide as we need to keep going with the project and we are stuck at this point .

Kommentare (7)

• K Fitz
    vor 6 Jahren
    As it's a kids room you can have some fun with it. It looks like the position of stairs is restricted by the window and the door so it'll have to go more into the middle of the room or on wall between door and window.
    Make it part of the overall theme, a playful piece of furniture. Get the kids involved as well they could come up with some fantastic ideas!
  • K Fitz
    vor 6 Jahren
    More....
  • Marinela Danut Bodnarescu
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 6 Jahren
    Basically the staircase needs to be between entrance door and the terrace door. So more or less where the ladder in the picture is and the same direction . We would have plan it better but we took the decision of making a loft bedroom after the structure of the house was build and we couldn't move anymore the terrace door or any door. That's what makes it a bit restrictive . The slide though is an amazing idea . If I could only fit this as well with some staircase . Kids would be over the moon .
  • PRO
    The Stair Guru
    vor 6 Jahren

these are modern staircases that would work well.

• PRO
    Shaw Stairs Ltd
    vor 6 Jahren

Some great ideas! I would maybe stay away from glass though as we all know with children they love to leave finger prints everywhere and this would definitly show up more with a glass balustrade.

If you are hoping to keep it bright I would maybe go for a painted staircase such as this one and think about keeping your treads open.

Our Latest Staircase · Mehr Info
    You could also have a stair runner to keep it safer for your children, for example:

Ash Staircases · Mehr Info
    I hope these help and good luck.

• PRO
    Premier Loft Ladders
    vor 6 Jahren

Hi Marinela,

Sorry for the late comment, but if you have not already found a suitable solution, you may wish to consider an alternating tread staircase like our Compatta. This type of staircase saves valuable floor space, but still very easy and comfortable to use. When specified and installed properly, they meet UK building regulations and will provide safe access to the loft bedroom.

The Compatta is made from steel with wooden treads and handrail, giving strength, durability and a high quality finish. It is also really quick and easy to install.

I hope that this is helpful?

Modern open tread, space saving, loft conversion stairs · Mehr Info

Modern Staircase · Mehr Info

Space saving stairs · Mehr Info

https://www.premierloftladders.co.uk/product-range/modular-stairs/

Marinela Danut Bodnarescu hat Premier Loft Ladders gedankt
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.