Houzz Logo Print
ellealver

Ensuite advice please

Amber Tallulah
vor 6 Jahren
zuletzt bearbeitet:vor 6 Jahren

Based in Hampshire. We're looking to add an ensuite as there is only one bathroom. This probably means sacrificing the smaller bedroom. We also looked at rearranging the existing bathroom.

Looking at changing the downstairs layout so as to utilise the big hall and connecting through to the kitchen. This would then also allow to change the dining room to a bedroom

Ensuite cannot be in master bedroom though as it would then be too small. Bedroom 2 and bedroom 3 need to remain as they are too. Any advice gratefully received.

Kommentare (14)

• Karen
    vor 6 Jahren
    Hi, could you not split the existing bathroom, so that you create a small shower room that you can access from Bedroom 2? It means having a smaller family bathroom but at least your bedrooms won't be compromised.
    Amber Tallulah hat Karen gedankt
  • Karen
    vor 6 Jahren
    If you wanted a larger family bathroom you could possibly look into extending it into the hallway? e.g. photo attached
  • PRO
    Ashton Bathrooms & Ashton Furnishing
    vor 6 Jahren

My advice would be to have a look where your soil stack comes into your home. As you don't want a thing like a saniflow whirring away or breaking as that can cause problems later down the line. Like Karen said splitting the bathroom and extending into your landing area will create more space but make an extra bathroom without compromising on bedroom 2.

Amber Tallulah hat Ashton Bathrooms & Ashton Furnishing gedankt
  • Amber Tallulah
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 6 Jahren

Thank you. Yes, it's an option I have considered, it would be very small though and not ideal as not off the master.

• A B
    vor 6 Jahren

Would moving the stairs to the front be an option at all?

Amber Tallulah hat A B gedankt
  • aitchmw
    vor 6 Jahren
    It looks like bedroom 1 and 2 are similar sizes. Just because the floor plan or the previous owner has Bed 1 at the rear doesn't mean you have to have it there. Make bed 2 the main bedroom and you have an ensuite. Use the rooms as you need not how someone else has designed it.
  • Amber Tallulah
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 6 Jahren

Bedroom 2 is not suitable for the master.

• Jonathan
    vor 6 Jahren
    Can you extend over the study?
  • Amber Tallulah
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 6 Jahren

A.S. Yes, this is my preferred option at the moment. Very helpful to be able to visualise. Thank you.

The only worry is the loss of the bedroom. I was thinking of rearranging layout downstairs, creating big kitchen and dining room incorporating the big hall which doesn't really have a purpose at the moment. This way the existing dining room could be a guest bedroom if needed.

• A S
    vor 6 Jahren
    You're very welcome, I'm glad tyou liked the idea.

I'm a big fan of large, open entrances.

Would you have an image of the upstairs landing; maybe you could do something with that to create an additional shower room so you can leave downstairs open and airy.
  • Jonathan
    vor 6 Jahren
    Why not turn the entrance into a dining hall?
    Amber Tallulah hat Jonathan gedankt
  • obobble
    vor 6 Jahren
    We have a dining hall. We mainly eat family meals in the kitchen but use the hall when we have guests e.g. at Christmas per pic below. We have a gate leg table which can be placed against the wall when not in use, freeing traffic flow through the space. If you do have Bed 4 downstairs, could you also fit a shower into the downstairs cloakroom for use by bed 4?
    Amber Tallulah hat obobble gedankt
  • Amber Tallulah
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 6 Jahren

Jonathan and obobble Yes, the plan is to turn the entrance hall and study into dining room and open it onto the kitchen. Thanks for the picture, looks great

Yes, if we use the existing dining room as a bedroom it would be easy to create ensuite. thank you

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.