Houzz Logo Print
stefanie_claire66

Exterior help! Looking to improve the exterior of home (porch, etc)

Stefanie Claire
vor 6 Jahren

Hello! My fiance and I just bought this fixer upper and I am looking for some advice as to how we can increase the curb appeal! We have some ideas, but within a budget of $2000 (we plan to do most work ourselves), what are your ideas? Thanks!!

Kommentare (7)

• apple_pie_order
    vor 6 Jahren

Change the green trim paint to another color such as a deep Charleston green, white, navy, or black. Repaint the railing and front deck. Paint the fence between garage and house dark brown or white.

Cleaning up the yard after winter will help a lot. Put some compost or fertilizer on the lawn.

Stefanie Claire hat apple_pie_order gedankt
  • PRO
    Loudoun Stairs
    vor 6 Jahren

New railings? That is an awful lot of green on that porch, what do you think about this railing? This house is obviously a good bit bigger, but the railings will fit on any house!

Westport Beach House · Mehr Info

• PRO
    Cabinets by Design LLC
    vor 6 Jahren

It looks like your foundation is painted a dark grey so I would lean towards painting the green trim a lighter grey then painting the deck a dark grey to match foundation on the base and maybe use the lighter grey for the railing. I also like the idea of adding shutters. Good luck!

• jck910
    vor 6 Jahren

I would remove the deck and make a proper set of stairs coming straight off the front door, proportionate to the overhang, with a curved walk to the driveway. Paint all the trim white. No shutters, they do not belong on picture windows. Then proper landscaping around new stairs.

Stefanie Claire hat jck910 gedankt
  • Stefanie Claire
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 6 Jahren

This is exactly what I was thinking - and with all the white maybe a fun color on the door like a slate blue? Thanks for your help!

• jck910
    vor 6 Jahren

Slate blue door would be lovely. Make sure if you have a storm it is painted blue also, makes the door more of a focal point

Gesponsert

Laden Sie die Seite neu, um diese Anzeige nicht mehr zu sehen

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.