Houzz Logo Print
webuser_520665721

white marble or beige marble

C Brian
vor 5 Jahren
Hi friends,
We are a newly wed with toddlers and two dogs. We need help in designing our first house. We are struggling to decide between white marble flooring and beige marble flooring. We attached the white marble and beige marble that we liked. We live in a tropical country so we have to minimise the use of wood flooring. Please help us decide. Thank you

Kommentare (12)

• legendaryflame
    vor 5 Jahren
    I would personally prefer white but what colour furnishings will you be having?
  • Lyn Huppatz
    vor 5 Jahren
    Either would look stunning but it really depends on your colour scheme.
  • C Brian
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    Hi
    We are getting this off-white sofa. We like soft color fabric. We are thinking glass coffee table with silver frame and some gold decor.
  • PRO
    Lewisham Interiors
    vor 5 Jahren

While a beige coloured marble would add warmth, white marble would be timeless. Should you like the adaptability to change or update the colour scheme and furnishings at a later stage, you may find the beige to be more limiting.

• Jan Dobson
    vor 5 Jahren
    Colour in photographs can be a bit deceptive but I love the honey/beige shade, though either will give an amazing result imo. If you’re concerned about future decor colour changes, maybe put a range of swatches against each colour to see how limiting each would be.

Also, it might help to list what appeals, and is less appealing to you, about each colour. For instance, (and using a totally different scenario) you might find you’re uneasy about black countertops, which you love, but you’re concerned they might show every speck of dust. You can then rule them in or out depending on how much this would bother you
  • C Brian
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    Thank you for your reply, friends. I have to agree that while beige adds warmth and a classic feeling to the house, it will limit our furnish selection. We prefer the versatility that white gives. We will probably get the carrara marble. What do you think if we get dulux brilliant white paint for our wall and ceiling, and use warm white LED lights to get a bit of beige to the room?
  • legendaryflame
    vor 5 Jahren
    That is nice! It would look stunning!
  • Haresh
    letztes Jahr

How much marble installation cost would be? Living room and bedrooms

Any reference would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

• macyjean
    letztes Jahr
    Zuletzt geändert: letztes Jahr

Haresh, I don't know what country the original poster was talking about, but this is the Australian website, and any answers to your question would probably need to know the city too. It's best to start your own question instead of adding it to a very old thread. If you need to, you can change the website country at the bottom of the screen.

If you are in Australia, think about what suits the climate where you are and not just what you are used to. I can understand what the original poster said about wanting marble. However I have seen increasing numbers of sales listings in my city with marble throughout the house including bedrooms and I feel sad because although it is obviously a habitual cultural choice it can affect resale in this particular climate. I thought I'd talk about that because I just saw another listing and straighaway I thought brr, we're going into autumn and that's so cold in bedrooms. Even a nice timber or laminate is better if you want a hard floor. If you are in the same situation as the original poster with "termite and humidity problems in the country [they] are living" please disregard.

• Haresh
    letztes Jahr

Sorry for replied on old thread.

I live in Melbourne.

Do you know how much per sq m installation cost would be?

Thank you in advance.

• User
    letztes Jahr

You have got to be kidding, this post is hilarious!

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.