Houzz Logo Print
jaz3

Type of steel used for planters?

Laura Lindquist
vor 5 Jahren
Hi, 1/4 steel was mentioned...can you recall if this has a special name of steel?
I am hearing Cor-ten quite often, is an example of Cor-ten?
Thanks.
B Willow Spring · Mehr Info

Kommentare (3)

• PRO
    Huettl Landscape Architecture
    vor 5 Jahren

Hi Laura,

Those particular planters are not Cor-ten. They tend to rust a little less evenly than Cor-ten. I believe they are hot-rolled and not cold-rolled steel. I'm not sure if Cor-ten has anything in it that might affect food production.

• Laura Lindquist
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    Thank you for your response! This is very helpful. And, hopefully readily available.
    Lastly, is the steel painted or coated here to protect from rusting or is this the way it looks when purchased? Thanks again!
  • PRO
    Huettl Landscape Architecture
    vor 5 Jahren

The photo shows untreated planters about 5 months old. They tend to rust more over time, especially if they get wet.

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.