Houzz Logo Print
daniellechadwick

Kids lounge - What fabric for blind & floor cushion?

daniellechadwick
vor 5 Jahren
This wallpaper is for my kids playroom/tv room. Most of their toys are in their bedrooms so it’s more of a tv room. They are two boys age 4 and 6 and have this wallpaper as a feature wall. I have a grey sofa but don’t want too much grey and didn’t know how to make it a bit more young or teenage trendy as colours are so muted. There is room for some floor cushions but wanted to avoid grey like the fat boy one shown. Really need some help on the colours and type of fabric for the blind and floor cushion. Or any other accessories that I can use to make it a bit less grey perhaps? I was going to use a Tom Dixon light if the bronze tones worked.

Kommentare (11)

• chicdub
    vor 5 Jahren
    I think blue woukd work. think copper is quite sophisicated and grown up not really for kids. Don't think those light fittings would work. Think this light fitting would work. also maybe navyblue and white cushions
  • chicdub
    vor 5 Jahren
    also availabke in Navy
  • daniellechadwick
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    Thank you so much for all the suggestions so far. Really appreciate the help!

The rest of the walls I was going to do a very light grey.

Not sure what art I can find to go on walls as the wallpaper seems quite busy.

My boys are currently into everything knights, ninjas, dinosaurs, pirates etc.

There is a very large bay window in the room.

The carpet is a mottled beige but may change that some point.
  • chicdub
    vor 5 Jahren
    A gallery wall or group of 4 large pictures of pirates, dinosaurs, knights or lego characters made up of inexpensive prints and frames that can be easily changed as they get older. Maybe group pictures with similar colours!
  • minnie101
    vor 5 Jahren

I've just been playing around with a few bits, excuse the collages as they're not very high resolution. As the paper and lights are sophisticated I'm personally finding it quite hard to find kids stuff that works! The 2nd blind fabric shown on the wallpaper in the last pic I think would work for any age (albeit slightly unusual pirate ships!). I haven't had a proper look for a trunk but a vintage steamer type one would work, the boys might find it fun to role play with that and the "sea" rug?

I can look for other bits if you like the idea and maybe some different cushions

• daniellechadwick
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    Thanks so so much for taking the time to help me. I am so grateful. Ive attached some photos of the fabric of the sofa and what the sofa shape is (I’ve gone for one shade lighter than the store photo) and the carpet etc.
    I’m also considering this light instead
  • daniellechadwick
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    The sofa but the fabric is the lighter swatch on the other photograph
  • daniellechadwick
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    Think this may work better?
  • PRO
    The Lighting Company
    vor 5 Jahren

Take a look at our lights... Lots of ideas Copper at the Lighting Company

• PRO
    The Blind Shop
    vor 5 Jahren

HI Danielle, as it's a playroom, you may wish to go for a sunscreen fabric that provides shade but still lets the light in. Our sunscreen roller blinds come in a range of colours to suit modern interiors. Check out our gallery page too for lots of inspiration and ideas.

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.