Houzz Logo Print
rema_tarazi

Rugs - what, where, how many

Rema Tarazi
vor 5 Jahren
hi,

i have an open plan living and dining room and wondering is there a rule when deciding where to put your rug. i have a round rug at the moment and have it in the living room. should it be in the dining as its round and so is my dining table?

Kommentar (1)

• PRO
    Let's Revamp - Property Styling and Decorating
    vor 5 Jahren

Hi Rema,

An open plan Living and Dining Room sounds beautiful! There is not one specific rule when deciding where to put your rug. However, as you do have such an open space, they are a great way of zoning those different spaces. If you just have the one rug, I would suggest keeping it in the Living Room as opposed to the Dining Table, but if it isn't working in terms of size, coverage, and layout, I would recommend using it for the Dining Table, if appropriate, and getting a rectangular-shaped rug for your Living Area.

Here is an example of a property we styled where we utilised the rug in a way to section off this smaller Living area and create an illusion of a hallway, so the space would still feel open:

Dundas Valley - P183 · Mehr Info

Hope this helps!

Elena

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.