Houzz Logo Print
traceygoodfellow

window dressing

Tracey G
vor 5 Jahren
Hi houzzers,

Hoping for some advice for how to dress the windows of the master bedroom. We had planned plantation shutters on a track but the pane sizes vary so have been advised against. Back to the drawing board: so it’s a big window approx 6m. We need privacy as you can see into the room easily from the road. Would like blackout,. What would be your preference from;
Curtains-I was worried about weight
Blinds-maximum width?!
Shutters-any other options to the shutter solutions?

I’m interested in ease of opening and closing; should we motorise? Any company recommendations?

Many thanks

Kommentare (5)

• Carolina
    vor 5 Jahren

Could you post photos of the window? You can add them to a comment under here.

• Tracey G
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    Thanks Carolina; I realise I don’t have a good photo from the interior but have added exterior here so that you can see the size of the space. I’ve also added a pic of the interior as it stands at the moment; windows on the left of this picture.
  • PRO
    Kathy Hanson Interiors
    vor 5 Jahren

Hi Tracey, I think 3 blackout blinds would work well.

• Tracey G
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    Thanks Kathy-would you recommend standard roller blinds? Do you get light seepage in the gaps between the blinds? How should I install? Pelmet over the top?
  • PRO
    The Blind Shop
    vor 5 Jahren

Hi Tracey, we would also suggest 3 blackout roller blinds. You would get some light seepage around the sides and in the gaps between the blinds. This could be eliminated if you went with side tracks. These are 'channels' in which the blinds sit so there is no space at the sides of the blinds (see pic). You could also have a cassette at the top of the blind which also eliminates any light seepage. Feel free to call us on 01273 462196 for more information.

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.