Houzz Logo Print
silvia_ledesma47

Double Sided Fireplace Dilemma

S Led
vor 5 Jahren

I'm not sure what to do with this double sided fireplace. I thought about covering up the cutouts to center the TV but im hoping to see if there are any better ideas out there. The other side is supposed to be a family room but were converting into a dining room.

Kommentare (13)

• PRO
    Nicole Forina Home
    vor 5 Jahren

Your spot on about covering up those cut outs. They seem unnecessary and break up the flow.

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    vor 5 Jahren

Is the fireplace gas? You could move it to the left, under the t v and then finish off the archway.

• functionthenlook
    vor 5 Jahren

I'm with Rachel. Your talking $$ to move the fireplace.

• S Led
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    Yes its gas. I'm not sure how difficult it would be to move it but I like your idea! Or even get rid of it altogether. It was the one part of the house that bothered me from day 1
  • User
    vor 5 Jahren

i would Move the tv. Altogether. What about opening the wall on the left side to match the right side. Then fill in above the fireplace the width of the whole fireplace.

• PRO
    YB Interiors, LLC
    vor 5 Jahren

In my opinión you should do both as you said, cover the spots and move the fireplace left.

• S Led
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    ldecor54. I think it would be too open that way.
  • PRO
    YB Interiors, LLC
    vor 5 Jahren

I dont think you can open the wall on the left side.... probably the other side is a kitchen and they are using that wall

• groveraxle
    vor 5 Jahren

I suspect that cutout will be harder to close up than you think.

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    vor 5 Jahren

T V where the round mirror is leaning on mantle?

Close up openings to give a solid wall over the fireplace. Open other side of firplace for two walkways.

• ci_lantro
    vor 5 Jahren

Close up both openings. But it is not going to be a clean, quick project because you need to deal with removing the existing mantel and replacing it. Which isn't to say that it will be a difficult project, just a bit more involved than nailing up some new drywall. Very much worth the effort though because what ya' got there is pretty bad.

• K R
    vor 5 Jahren
    Holy smokes, that tv is not good there. For starters it is waaayyyyy too high. I think the fireplace is a nice design element, but the tv needs to fins another home.
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.