Houzz Logo Print
katemccall78

facelift for a noughties house

The first The
vor 5 Jahren
Hi

I’m after ideas to bring the exterior of our house out of the noughties. The faux wood pvc windows and red door/garage combo has to go!

Can anyone help with colour suggestions? I quite like the red brick but I feel like there are a limited number of window/door/garage colours which will go with it.

Is it even possible to paint upvc windows?!?

All thoughts gratefully received!

Kommentare (9)

• Carolina
    vor 5 Jahren

The styles of the windows and the front and garage doors are a bit conflicting. I'd keep the faux wood, but go for a modern black (or charcoal) front door and modern style garage doors in the same colour

• The first The
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    Thanks both. Do you have any pictures of the grey/green and charcoal colours you mention. I’m struggling to visualise them.
  • Carolina
    vor 5 Jahren

I'd love to do a mock up for you, so you can see it on your house, but unfortunately I can no longer copy and paste photos from Houzz (thank you Houzz, not!). But you could upload your photo to a paint manufacturer's site and play with colours there. An American site, Sherwin Williams, have a good visualiser tool on their site, but I'm sure there are other manufacturers who have that option too.

• Carolina
    vor 5 Jahren

Found this pic, reminded me a bit of your house. Red brick, grey roof and with charcoal windows.

• PRO
    Origin - Doors and Windows
    vor 5 Jahren

Hi Kate, we manufacture and supply a range of aluminium doors and windows here in the UK.

You may find that some of the case studies below offer you some inspiration. I personally think grey windows would complement the roof and brickwork. Let me know if I can be of any further help.

http://bit.ly/2Lbl0RO 

http://bit.ly/2L7TZ1j 

Thanks,

Robyn

• Sonia
    vor 5 Jahren

The bit that sticks out the most is the red front door and garage doors. I would suggest you paint those first in a nice grey green, which, as Jonathan says, always looks good with red brick. Then tackle the tan pvc windows if you think they need it. I’ve also read that pvc can be painted so worth researching that. Grey is also an option, especially a darker charcoal grey. I also rather like black window frames and doors, and it will give the frontage a more modern, industrial feel. Something like this:

• The first The
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    Excellent thanks all.

Painting the door and garage first and then taking stock is a really good idea. I thought it was the brown windows that was dating the house, but now you’ve pointed it out I agree it’s probably the red door/garage.

If anyone can recommend a company that can spray upvc, I’d be really interested in hearing about them. We’re based in the West Midlands.
  • Juliet Docherty
    vor 5 Jahren

I agree with all of the other comments, change the garage door and front door colour. I replaced my windows with grey/green and it has transformed the house. I also had a lot of block paving which I am in the process of removing but I did some planting right near the front of the house to soften it.

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.