Houzz Logo Print
kellisean

laying lvp in a bathroom?

Kelli
vor 5 Jahren
Is the lvp put in after the shower base and toilet?
Thank you

Kommentare (11)

• areyano_cs
    vor 5 Jahren
    Hi,
    I installed LVT in my bathrooms prior to installing new Toto toilets. I don’t know about the shower part of your question since we only replaced the flooring.

Good luck.
  • SJ McCarthy
    vor 5 Jahren

Is it glue down or floating/click together? The shower goes in first. Then the flooring IF it is "permanent" (like glue down). If not, then it must float. And toilets have problems with allowing flooring to "float".

So this all comes down to the TYPE of install. Which is it? Glue down or floating?

• Kelli
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    It is click floating not glue down.
  • SJ McCarthy
    vor 5 Jahren

I worry that the toilet will act as an "anchor" if you run the floor underneath the fixture. A glue down vinyl plank would be a better option....I've seen this done both ways. The floating floor run underneath the toilet as well as the floating floor run UP TO the toilet.

The thickness of the vinyl will dictate how well it will work running UNDERNEATH. A thin (4mm) vinyl has a VERY small click-profile. The size of the click-profile tells us the STRENGTH of the click edge. The smaller the profile the LESS strength it has to stay together.

A thick click-profile (8mm- 12mm) can accept a little bit of stress without coming apart. How thick is the vinyl plank you are planning on using? Name? Brand?

• GreenDesigns
    vor 5 Jahren

That isn’t a suitable choice for a bathroom. “Waterproof” only means that it isn’t damaged by water. It still allows water to get underneath and your subfloor to be damaged. You need sheet vinyl if you want vinyl in a bathroom. Not pieced vinyl.

• Kelli
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    Karndean korlock is the product I’m looking to use. I could use a porcelain tile in the bath if I have too I just wanted to use one surface in the basement.
  • PRO
    Remodeling and Painting Experts Inc.
    vor 5 Jahren

with kerdi membrane you could use vinyl tile the membrane would be totally waterproof to protect your subfloor

• Kelli
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    The subfloor is concrete as this is a walkout basement.
  • GreenDesigns
    vor 5 Jahren

Concrete is porous. It will wick water a long way. Far enough that it can damage the framing sole plate and encourage insect infestations.

• Kelli
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren

Should the concrete be sealed?

Gesponsert

Laden Sie die Seite neu, um diese Anzeige nicht mehr zu sehen

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.