Houzz Logo Print
webuser_247551961

Backsplash dilema

House Project
vor 4 Jahren

We have just had out kitchen done it's white navy and our worktop is marble effect. We are just soo confused what to do on the wall we are open to any ideas. We are on a budget but don't want to leave it as just paint please can anyone help

Kommentare (7)

• PRO
    Johnson Bespoke Ltd
    vor 4 Jahren

Copper or Brass looks great paired with dark cabinets, something like this.

• rinked
    vor 4 Jahren

Crisp white tiles? A smooth surface (like alusplash)? Upstand in countertop material?

• honeypoppet
    vor 4 Jahren

Hi, we've just done our kitchen in a very similar colourway and are currently debating what to do in terms of backsplash. At the moment we've come up with either herringbone tile

Emily Crossing Court Blue Cabinets · Mehr Info

Or hexagons

Artist's Kitchen, Montclair NJ · Mehr Info

Both I would do with a light grey grout to avoid it looking dirty after a while.

• PRO
    At No 19
    vor 4 Jahren

For something completely different, screen printed enamel can look smart. He’s one I did in a shaker style kitchen at the coast. Other screen printed designs are possible and in any colour you want. It is relatively expensive, but your kitchen looks beautiful and a finishing detail such as a backsplash is really important and it’s not something you’ll be doing again in a hurry!

Barton on Sea refurbishment project; open plan kitchen/diner/lounge · Mehr Info

Barton on Sea refurbishment project; open plan kitchen/diner/lounge · Mehr Info

• PRO
    Lifestyle Kitchens
    vor 4 Jahren

I'd have a matching upstand, most worktops (i'm assuming its a laminate) now have a matching upstand available and this is usually about 100mm tall and 3m long and i'd run this all round the kitchen on the worktop. Where you hob is i'd have a glass splashback (these can be easily made to measure or bought off the shelf) if you have a gas hob you can't run the upstand behind this so the glass splashback will have to sit on the worktop but if its an electric hob then you have the option of running the upstand behind the hob and sitting the glass splashback on the upstand. Looks good IMO, seals the worktop to the wall and is clean and tidy.

Alternatively, if you don't like any paint, lots of worktops also have a splashback board available, 600mm wide 3m long and you can use this to go between the worktops and wall units, again if you have a gas hob you would have to cover the laminate splashback with a glass splashback (you can get clear glass).

• PRO
    AluSplash
    vor 4 Jahren

Thank you @rinq for suggesting us! @house project and @honeypoppet we would love it if you would like to consider an AluSplash panel. It has the look and feel of acrylic and glass at a fraction of the price. Available in 14 solid colours or 10 metallic colours (@hafele studio partners) you can really make your space look beautiful.

For @houseproject i would recommend 'Ice White' or 'Space Silver'.

Please take a look at a similar combination for a client of ours recently installed.

webuser_2786541's ideas · Mehr Info

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.