Houzz Logo Print
webuser_110762967

New home - starting with kitchen renovation

Sally Moore
vor 5 Jahren

Hi, I am about to move into a new home and want to extend the kitchen to make it a kitchen/living area, looking onto the garden. I keep looking at the grey/black frames for the windows looking onto the garden, I absolutely love them, but will they look odd, if the other windows in the house are white? Also, I am extending out by about 2 metres, and thought about a glazed roof, for the extension, rather than a roof with velux windows. I am starting completely from scratch for the kitchen, and so have a blank canvas. This is a once in a life time chance for an amazing room, I really want to get it right, but not done anything like this before. Any help appreciated ...

Kommentare (6)

• PRO
    The Unbusy Home
    vor 5 Jahren

Hey Sally,

You are doing something very similar (almost identical) to what we've done with one of my clients in February this year. I designed an L shaped kitchen with an island for them from scratch with dining & open space living. Would be happy to share it with you for inspiration. If that sounds good, please message me!

Sally Moore hat The Unbusy Home gedankt
  • PRO
    ODC Door & Glass Systems
    vor 5 Jahren

Hi Sally, if you are on Instagram, have a look at our account @odcdoorglass, lots of inspiration there for kitchen extensions. You could indeed opt for glazed roof panels, like in this project here

Wintergarden in Aylesbury · Mehr Info

Or have a large roof lantern as featured in this kitchen below

New Build in Minstead, New Forest · Mehr Info

Large rooflights will be a more cost effective solution, such as these in this kitchen

Large kitchen extension in North London · Mehr Info

Hopefully this will have given you a few ideas!

Best of luck with your project.

Sally Moore hat ODC Door & Glass Systems gedankt
  • Ribena Drinker
    vor 5 Jahren

I can't really give you any advice regarding the kitchen or the roof, but I would ask is it worth the trouble of extending just for 2 mtrs?

I would guess the extra space you gain wouldn't be worth the cost of the work, but I may be wrong on that, but it's just my feeling.

Sally Moore hat Ribena Drinker gedankt
  • PRO
    A&A Bespoke Furniture Ltd.
    vor 5 Jahren

Hi Sally, just wanted to share with you the idea of this kitchen which our company has produced and installed. Hopefully it can be useful. Best regards, Alina

Masculine kitchen / Putney · Mehr Info

Sally Moore hat A&A Bespoke Furniture Ltd. gedankt
  • Sally Moore
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 4 Jahren

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for your advice, I think I will get in there and put some photos on, but your ideas are greatly received. I can not wait to start my extension, I think you are right Ribena Drinker, 2 metres is not worth it, so I am going to make it as big as I can, without impacting too much on. my garden. Many thanks.

Gesponsert

Laden Sie die Seite neu, um diese Anzeige nicht mehr zu sehen

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.