Houzz Logo Print
snowcountry

Floating bed or a platform bed in a compact bedroom

snowcountry
vor 5 Jahren

I am furnishing small bedrooms, 11x12 and 12x13. Which would look less crowded, a high bed on skinny legs or a boxy platform bed that sits low on the floor?

Kommentare (7)

• snowcountry
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren

The ceiling is 9'. Would that allow a higher bed?

• PRO
    Barbara Griffith Designs
    vor 5 Jahren

What exactly do you mean by a higher bed? I would choose a standard height bed(frame), not a bed low to the ground if that is what you mean.

snowcountry hat Barbara Griffith Designs gedankt
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    vor 5 Jahren

when you say higher, you don't mean something w/tall posts, do you? if it just sits higher off the floor, I think you'll be fine.

snowcountry hat Beth H. : gedankt
  • PRO
    Sabrina Alfin Interiors
    vor 5 Jahren

The type of bed, IMO, is less of an issue than the other pieces of furniture you plan to put in there. In other words, for a room that small, keep the extraneous furniture to a minimum, e.g. dressers or chairs. Get your closets tricked out with organizers so you don't have to have a big dresser in there. Or, if you need more storage, think about getting a captain's bed--a platform bed with drawers underneath. I wouldn't go any larger than a queen-sized bed so you have room for nightstands.

Hickmans' Home · Mehr Info

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    vor 5 Jahren

Sabrina gave you the best option. that bed she posted would be a perfect choice. it still sits off the floor, but works well in a small room, and has extra storage.

• snowcountry
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren

when you say higher, you don't mean something w/tall posts, do you? if it just sits higher off the floor, I think you'll be fine.

No not posts. The top of the mattress would be about 30" off the floor. I am not having any furniture or maybe just a small dresser. I am thinking to put a ledge behind the bed in place of night stands.

Gesponsert

Laden Sie die Seite neu, um diese Anzeige nicht mehr zu sehen

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.