Houzz Logo Print
kkropat

Organizing children's bedrooms

I love designing kid’s rooms! I’ve designed many over the years, including my own kid’s rooms. In the beginning the priority is safety and the style is the parent’s decision more than the child’s. The toddler years are about finding good solutions to store toys and activities that are easily accessible. I have two boys close in age and in the beginning they each had their own bedroom with toys, books and crafts. I remember one day standing in the hallway holding a toy car and thinking which room should this go in. Therefore, I decided to divide their rooms by activity and not by the child. They were always doing things together anyway, so it made sense to keep all the toys, books, etc together. We made one room the playroom and, without a bed in the room, there was plenty of space to spread out train tracks and other activities. The smaller room became their sleeping room and included a cozy place to read together. It was a great solution for our family that worked nicely for many years.

What are your thoughts on kid’s sharing rooms in their early years? How do you organize family toys for multiple children?

Colorful Mid Century Modern Residence · Mehr Info

Kommentar (1)

• stars light
    vor 3 Jahren

The pictures look amazing. How you orgnaized their room sounds great. I think creating a space for the little ones to play and grow is a very fun experience. In my opinion children sharing a room in their early years is a good thing. It can help creating a bound between the siblings. It might help encouraging good sibling relationships. We should also not forget that some families can't afford many rooms. Children in their early years always love to play. It is great if they have a room which they share. So their playing budy is always with them. Simple decor and minimum furnishings will create more space to play and make their room a safe place. I think orgnazing family toys in dressers https://www.lionshome.at/moebel-kommoden/landhausstil/ is great. It is a simple way to create enough storage room and it provides plenty of open floor space. In my Opinion the most important thing is that children see the world differently than adults. So it is important to infuse imagination and magic into their room designing.

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.