Houzz Logo Print
justjesee

Concrete pavers vs. stone pavers vs. stamped concrete for pool deck?

justjesee
vor 9 Jahren
What holds up the best and looks best over time?

Kommentare (16)

• PRO
    J Design Group - Interior Designers Miami - Modern
    vor 9 Jahren
    First I would like to know what is the style of your home. Please post a photo so that we can suggest knowing this information. Thanks

J Design Group, Modern Interior Design Firm in Miami, Florida - Contemporary Miami Interior Designers http://www.JDesignGroup.com
  • PRO
    Basalite Concrete Products
    vor 9 Jahren
    Our blog might offer you some useful info to help you decide. We've got a couple of articles posted regarding pavers, and one of them talks about poured concrete vs. concrete pavers. It specifies pool decking. Here are the articles: http://info.basalite.com/blog/
    If you scroll through to the bottom, you'll find the article.

Cheers!
  • PRO
    Elite Crete Systems
    vor 9 Jahren
    Good info guys.
  • PRO
    Pinnacle Vista Services
    vor 8 Jahren

Stone pavers weather better than concrete pavers do, though sealing can help with that. Stamped concrete can be a good option, but will eventually crack across the pattern. Pavers are an easy fix if anything goes wrong.

• smit2380
    vor 8 Jahren

We have stamped concrete around our pool. The pool is only 5 years old, and we are planning on replacing the concrete with pavers. As said above, concrete always cracks. My vote would be for either stone or concrete pavers depending on your budget and the style of your house/yard.

• PRO
    R&R Landscaping, LLC
    vor 8 Jahren

Pavers because the cracks are built in. If installed correctly they will perform well over time.

• PRO
    Concrete Designs of Florida
    vor 7 Jahren

Pavers are a nightmare. I own a paver pool deck and it is the worst part of the house. The weeds are a constant maintenance issue, especially here in Florida. When I say constant I mean every week there are new weeds on our surface pavers. And we've tried everything... new sand, polymeric sand... weed killers pre emergent you name it we've tried it... If your idea of fun is pulling weeds every weekend then pavers are for you.

• baileysr
    vor 7 Jahren
    Stone would be so much nicer. We got concrete "stones" that look like flagstone, we thought it was cool how they look like they fit together. 3 years later, a bunch are cracked.
  • PRO
    Archatrak Inc.
    vor 7 Jahren

Be sure to consider porcelain pavers in this application. The finish is much higher quality and they are 95% impervious to water, making them longer lasting in wet outdoor applications, especially in freeze/thaw environments. Take a peek here:

http://www.houzz.com/projects/634497/porcelain-pavers-simulated-stone

• PRO
    Unique Design Solutions, LLC
    vor 6 Jahren

All three are very durable choices for outdoor application but since Porcelain is man made is would definitely be the strongest of the three. While it doesn't match natural stone's inherent beauty it also doesn't require any maintenance which especially for outdoor use that is really nice.

You can get more information and see our selection of Porcelain Pavers on our online showroom.

http://www.rockbottomtileandstone.com/pavers/porcelain-pavers

• lefty47
    vor 6 Jahren

HI -- Look into rubber paving ,--- perfect for around swimming pools and sidewalks etc. Comes in many colors and can be easily repaired if that is even needed .

• PRO
    Go Pavers
    vor 6 Jahren

We recommend the Belgard Mega Arbel Patio Slab pavers around a pool deck, as a cracked concrete replacement.

The "texture" provides an extra slip resistant surface, and the Belgard pavers do wear well over time, especially in the hot Southern California sun.

Santa Clarita Stunning Pool Deck Refresh - View 1 · Mehr Info

Santa Clarita Stunning Pool Deck Refresh - View 2 · Mehr Info

• Houzz-Nutzer 570215059
    vor 2 Jahren

we live in bucks county pa and anthony and sylvan are doing my 3rd pool and the tile an coping was excellent but I bought 2x2 orlandini florida tile snow ecoscape and now am concerned if laying just polymeric sand and tampering with wire mesh and cleanstone is ample enough or do we need 3 or 4 inch concrete base.The work is already expensive for 1400 sq ft but need advice to share with decking guy who did NOT plan on doing concrete.My job starts in a week.

• PRO
    Big Rock Landscaping
    letztes Jahr

It really depends, and this is where an expert in landscape design comes in handy. You need to consider your local climate, shade from surrounding trees, how much maintenance you are willing to do, etc. There are even more options than those three, and depending on your needs and style you may want to pick something you’ve never heard of. If heat is an issue outdoor porcelian tile is amazing because it doesnt absorb the heat. Stamped concrete can be extremely slick and can’t be repaired if you have a problem with the pool. We prefer using any kind of modular materials so if a repair needs to be made you can just put the (pavers, stone or tile back and you can’t tell.) pavers, stone and concrete get hot so consider adding a sprinkler systme that sprays down your pool deck before use.

• Ivan Zburyn
    letztes Jahr

I have in Thousand Oaks, CA stone pavers. I like it more than stamped concrete and it seems to me that it is better for pool decks. The paving stone has been lying for 10 years and looks great. To be true, I didn`t lay the paving stones myself, but with the help of a paver contractor. However, the service life of this type of paver is quite long.

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.