Houzz Logo Print
saronaronnie

Hot Air or Hot Water

saronaronnie
vor 9 Jahren
Hi there,

After some advice. In the process of purchasing a property, 60s build requires some renovations. It has a functioning hot air heating system and we're not sure whether to keep it or replace it with classic central heating system. So far as I understand it the hot air system is reliable and cost effective but would replacing it add value to the property. Don't know much about this topic at all.

Cheers

Kommentare (5)

• Jenny West
    vor 9 Jahren
    Proper central heating with radiators is the best - much warmer, and it's what people are used to, so will make it easier to sell.
  • PRO
    Project Home UK Ltd
    vor 9 Jahren
    Warm air heating systems are rarely seen these days and as you say we're a product of the 1960's. These days they would be seen as outdated and lacking in controllability compared to more efficient modern installations.

My thoughts would be that if you were to sell the house in future that an old warm air system would be highlighted as a potential concern and as such could reduce the value of your property.
  • PRO
    OnePlan
    vor 9 Jahren
    Thoroughly insulated homes with good ambient temperature from underfloor heating and a couple of wood burners in larger rooms would be an ideal solution IMO - ( but I live in the country with loads of trees about ) if you are in a town, gas fires instead of log burners would be just as cosy ... So basically I'm saying invest in keeping what heat you provide in too !
  • saronaronnie
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 9 Jahren
    Thanks for the comments, it would seem that if we want to maximise the value of the property we should be looking to update the heating system then.
  • Emma Staples
    vor 8 Jahren
    Appreciate it was winter when you posted this, but we've got the same in a a bungalow. I was staggered it was still working. We've been quoted around £5k for a vented system (rather than combi as its too big a bungalow to make that vfm and advantageous). I don't really understand heating systems either but the air/storage is difficult to control especially if you're out at work - you have to plan ahead and guess how warm you want it later, don't you? We knew we were buying a do-er upper and the heating was going to be done. I think £5k is a good investment and will more than pay us back in any future maintenance of the air system and ultimately through the end property value. On this one occasion, I would go with convention.m hope you've been happy with your decision if you've done it already.
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.