Houzz Logo Print
fstender

I need help to know what to put on the wall behind the W&D

Fawn Stender
vor 10 Jahren
zuletzt bearbeitet:vor 10 Jahren
I designed my dream laundry room, however, i'm having a tough time to know what to put up on the wall behind the W&D to pull it all together. Any suggestions would be awesome. Side note: The wall actually stops at the end of this picture and their is a closet to the right that is not shown.

Kommentare (49)

• Rachel H
    vor 10 Jahren
    Life in the Fun Lane Blog · Mehr Info
    Fawn Stender hat Rachel H gedankt
  • Fawn Stender
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 10 Jahren
    Yes...but then do i do that for the other side of the window as well? the space is not equal and you have the cabinets that kinda shrink the space...i do love this idea...
  • Alia Kashgari
    vor 10 Jahren
    You can put a hanging rack to dry delicates. But love the shelves idea.
    Fawn Stender hat Alia Kashgari gedankt
  • Alia Kashgari
    vor 10 Jahren
    May be an art piece to balance the shelves on the other side.
    Fawn Stender hat Alia Kashgari gedankt
  • pavilina
    vor 10 Jahren
    I have colored handprints from my grandchildren stamped as a random border around the laundry. The handprints fit between 2 faint lines that could easily be repainted in an instant.
    Fawn Stender hat pavilina gedankt
  • unwantedadvice
    vor 10 Jahren
    Take a peek at laundry rooms on houzz photos and maybe something will pop up that you like.
    Fawn Stender hat unwantedadvice gedankt
  • cmcole01
    vor 10 Jahren
    Very nice! I'm so jealous :-). Love the color.
    Fawn Stender hat cmcole01 gedankt
  • mcbmd3
    vor 10 Jahren
    White framed art to relate. To the window casing. One beneath existing window and one taller one to the right for balance.
    Fawn Stender hat mcbmd3 gedankt
  • PRO
    jancy22
    vor 10 Jahren
    I have put up an small music system above it so whenever i m alone i can sing and dance along with my household work
    Fawn Stender hat jancy22 gedankt
  • PRO
    Zoltan Construction LLC
    vor 10 Jahren
    I would put a simple white wooden shelf they sell in Ikea. It's 3" thick and won't see hardware just a block of wood. On top you can put decoration and or laundry essentials
    Fawn Stender hat Zoltan Construction LLC gedankt
  • PRO
    Lunada Consulting & Design, Inc.
    vor 10 Jahren
    What a beautiful space! You have multiple options with floating shelves and framed art work! I would also consider a single rug which pulls in the rich color of the walls and countertops!
    Fawn Stender hat Lunada Consulting & Design, Inc. gedankt
  • PRO
    Classic Remodeling
    vor 10 Jahren
    As the cabinet open from the front you can finish the top with a counter top feature. For the wall space floating shelves its your best bet as most have suggested.
    Fawn Stender hat Classic Remodeling gedankt
  • Fawn Stender
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 10 Jahren
    Thanks everyone...this is very helpful! Yes I love my new space...I've been dreaming of a real laundry room for a very long time. Lunada Consulting...Since this picture was taken i did find a fun rug from world market! Here is a picture of what our old laundry room situation was...we have four children and as you can imagine there was never enough room to do laundry and dump all their shoes!
  • groveraxle
    vor 10 Jahren
    Closet pole.
    Fawn Stender hat groveraxle gedankt
  • Katherine
    vor 10 Jahren
    A fold out drying rack. You have room for two if you want to put one both sides of the window. The function of the closet rod but way prettier.
  • armygirl1987
    vor 10 Jahren
    I think some open shelving would be better because the offset of the window.
  • armygirl1987
    vor 10 Jahren
    [houzz=
    Traditional Porch · Mehr Info
    ]
    Fawn Stender hat armygirl1987 gedankt
  • armygirl1987
    vor 10 Jahren
    [houzz=
    ASID Showcase House Laundry · Mehr Info
    ]
  • User
    vor 10 Jahren
    Bubbles decals. I've seen one of our fellow Houzzers use something like these in her laundry room. Cutting Edge Stencils. I have used their Ginko Leaf stencil in my dining room and I love it. Then hang up a closet rod as suggested by grover and you'll have very colorful laundry room!
    Bubbles Vinyl Wall Decals by Blank Canvas Designs · Mehr Info
    http://www.cuttingedgestencils.com/images/big/Yellow-butterfly-stencils_2.jpg
  • User
    vor 10 Jahren
    The image of the Yellow Butterfly Stencil from Cutting Edge Stencils didn't attach. Open it using the link :)
  • armygirl1987
    vor 10 Jahren
    I think that the pole takes away from her wash sign.
  • armygirl1987
    vor 10 Jahren
    I like the stencil idea.
  • Marilyn Wilkie
    vor 10 Jahren
    I love your wall color. Very unique.
    Fawn Stender hat Marilyn Wilkie gedankt
  • condomary
    vor 10 Jahren
    Here you go happy
  • PRO
    ChromaCurve
    vor 10 Jahren
    groveraxle is on the right track! How about a hanging clothes rack?
    Fawn Stender hat ChromaCurve gedankt
  • pjlhome
    vor 10 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 10 Jahren
    How about using industrial pipe that you can design around the window for a unique look. One side of the window could have shelves with baskets for stray socks, etc. and the other side for hanging items.
    Fawn Stender hat pjlhome gedankt
  • Keitha
    vor 10 Jahren
    If it's within your budget I suggest that you buy the stands that are available. They would give you extra storage, lift up the machines to make access easier and would hide your washer connections.
    Fawn Stender hat Keitha gedankt
  • armygirl1987
    vor 10 Jahren
    I like that ChromaCurve and that is what I would suggest seeing that it does not cover the window.
  • Katherine
    vor 10 Jahren
    I suggest building all the function in that hard working room that you can. Save the pretty open shelving for the powder room. I think those wash stands are ugly and expensive, and you already have lots of storage. Here is the fold out drying rack. Put a closet rod between your cabinet and the wall. Lovely colour on your wall.
    Fawn Stender hat Katherine gedankt
  • Geneviève
    vor 10 Jahren
    A surface to fold your laundry or shelves to keep your threads etc... on and a TV to entertain you while you are doing your ironing ,you seem to have enough space for a wall mounted one , I have a radio in mine :)

St. Petersburg Home Renovation · Mehr Info
    Fawn Stender hat Geneviève gedankt
  • tennisanyone
    vor 10 Jahren
    Without the stands, you already have a surface to fold clothes so no need to build a new one. It's the perfect height. I would put a big tub/ice bucket where the connection is with laundry detergent/bleach. That's what I did to hide it. I would add shelves with baskets above the W&D
    Fawn Stender hat tennisanyone gedankt
  • Lesley Delle_Grazie
    vor 10 Jahren
    I saw a post a while ago where they had used an Ikea table-top to cover the top of the appliances and a floating shelf to disguise the plumbing. That's my plan next time I manage to get to an Ikea. I'm tired of socks falling in between my machines. I wouldn't recommend the appliance pedestals if you use the tops for folding; they'd be too high.
    Fawn Stender hat Lesley Delle_Grazie gedankt
  • PRO
    SoCal Contractor
    vor 10 Jahren
    First of all, congratulations on having your dream laundry room, what most only dream of you have achieved. As for the wall decoration, I would put up a picture (since I'm assuming you have enough shelves in those cabinets) preferably laundry related I.E close up of the drum while you have colors wash or and old fashion/foreign country laundry or a cool laundromat from the 70's.
    Fawn Stender hat SoCal Contractor gedankt
  • PRO
    Zoltan Construction LLC
    vor 10 Jahren
    I regret having pedestals on our washer and dryer. Even though my wife does all the laundry she can barely reach the top so its been a wasted space. But it does looks good though
    Fawn Stender hat Zoltan Construction LLC gedankt
  • Fawn Stender
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 10 Jahren
    Amazing ideas everyone!!!! This is so helpful! :)
  • PRO
    Timeless Interiors
    vor 10 Jahren
    LOVING the idea from pjhomes....funky with function. genius for a utility room and I think the style lends itself well to what you already have as far as style.
    Fawn Stender hat Timeless Interiors gedankt
  • Fawn Stender
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 10 Jahren
    I really like the idea with pipes as well...Pjhomes or Timeless interiors...where do i even start being able to create this....I'm little helpless with any wood working...so anything i do either has to be contracted out or bought....
  • PRO
    Timeless Interiors
    vor 10 Jahren
    It looks like you could just maybe use a 2x4 or 2x6 cut to the length of your choice. They should be able to do that for you at home depot. Then you could stain it to whatever color you want. Target/HomeGoods would even have wood shelves that you could stain as well. I just tried my hand at staining for the first time, and it was pretty easy...apply stain evenly, then immediately wipe off. Let dry and repeat if you want it darker. You could even "distress" the wood a bit by just taking a hammer to it...gouge with the back end or dent with the hammer end....it's really kind of fun!! Do that before staining. As for the pipes...I would take that picture to Home Depot and show them so you get the right components. Then hopefully you have a handy husband or friend that can help you hang!
    Fawn Stender hat Timeless Interiors gedankt
  • pjlhome
    vor 10 Jahren
    Check out these websites. It's really quite easy. I would do something like the picture below
    under the drop down ceiling area to the right of the window. You don't need to attach it to both the ceiling and the wall as shown in the picture. You could do one or the other as long as you hit a stud to hold the weight of the clothes. Then I would probably do a couple of shelves on the other side of the window or maybe some art work just to balance it out.

http://diyshowoff.com/2014/01/07/tips-for-making-a-diy-pipe-shelving-unit/

http://sylvieliv.blogspot.com/2012/05/industrial-rustic-shelf-tutorial.html
  • pjlhome
    vor 10 Jahren
    Here is an illustration of how you could do it.
  • Fawn Stender
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 10 Jahren
    Awesome Pjlhomes! I love the photoshop pictures! I will look into this!! Timeless interiors:,,,yes staining is awesome...I really like the idea of doing a distressed white look! Oh this is so helpful...thank you both of you. I also did find a person who does this on Etsy
  • njschaefer78
    vor 10 Jahren
    Fawn, would you mind sharing the wall color you used in your laundry room? Lovely!!
  • Fawn Stender
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 10 Jahren
    njschaefer78 ....not at all...it's Gossamer Blue by Benjamin Moore!
  • PRO
    Kitchens By Katie
    vor 10 Jahren
    Floating shelves from ikea lay very flat to the wall but can be a rotating gallery that adds personality to the room. I have them 4 high in my music room, and through the year I put records, pictures, artwork, etc. really fun and versatile.
  • mandyalvarez
    vor 10 Jahren
    I would elevate the washer and dryer with matching appliance risers / drawers. Just bought some for myself and it is much easier on my back when doing laundry (I'm 5"7"") and it provides some addl storage that is easy to access. After that, I might add a drying rack (see Ballard Designs for some) or perhaps paint horizontal white stripes to the walls (in line with the window) to help blend the window.
  • njschaefer78
    vor 10 Jahren
    Thanks Fawn! Just goes to show how much lighting & time of day can change a wall color, as Gossamer Blue looks much lighter in person!!
    Fawn Stender hat njschaefer78 gedankt
  • Christine W
    vor 10 Jahren
    I saw this trick from Sarah Richardson and it works great. Get some small shadow box frames sized to the space you want to cover. Then put up collection of "laundry" themed shadow boxes.

I did a theme of all buttons. Sarah also did one that was tons of loose threads in coordinating colors. Maybe you could do a third a fill lit with powdered laundry detergent and toss some buttons in it. Then do another of say old wooden clothes pins. The options are endless. The first photo is mine the second is from another site that I keep as an inspiration. the third is from Sarash Richardson Good luck.
  • Christine W
    vor 10 Jahren
    sorry the order was wrong. The yellow buttons is from a Sarah Richardson art display for a laundry room. the pink and red thread is an inspiration photo from another site but it could work and the one showing the pink hearts in a black frame in a laundry room is a photo from my actual laundry room which was put together based on one I saw on a Sarah Richardson show.
    Fawn Stender hat Christine W gedankt
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.