10 Beiträge
iice9 hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Has anyone used a pressure cooker to prep apples for applesauce? - I would like to take crabapples whole and pressure cook them. This way, I think, I won't get much water in them and can make applesauce/but... Lesen Sie mehr
    4 Kommentare
iice9 hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Dave and Carol aka Digdirt and Readinglady - knowledge transfer - Dave & Carol. I am impressed with your depth of knowledge on a continual basis. I was wondering if either of you have a degree in food... Lesen Sie mehr
    15 Kommentare
iice9 hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Chia Seeds as a thickener - I was asked today about whether it is safe to add Chia seeds to jam as a thickener. To my surprise, there are a lot of recipes on the net, ... Lesen Sie mehr
    1 Kommentar
iice9 hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Steam Juicing - Has anyone tried to steam juice Guava and if so, did it work or not? I have quite a bit and want to make jelly and/or jam.
    Kommentar
iice9 hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Ginger Jam or Marmalade - I would like to make a strong ginger marmalade. I thought I'd use ginger root as well as chopped candied ginger. Does anyone have a recipe? ... Lesen Sie mehr
    6 Kommentare
iice9 hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Sweet and Tart Red Pepper Jam - Last year I made a Sweet and Tart Red Pepper Jam from the Pickles to Relish cookbook (Alfeld aka JamLady). I followed her instructions caref... Lesen Sie mehr
    2 Kommentare
iice9 hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Horseradish Jelly - I plan on making horseradish jelly next week. The recipe calls for grated horseradish. I was thinking I would put it into the food processor... Lesen Sie mehr
    3 Kommentare
iice9 hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Warming Sugar Up in Marmalades - I have a recipe that calls for the sugar to be heated in the oven for 10 minutes before it is added to the heated citrus for a marmalade. Do... Lesen Sie mehr
    5 Kommentare
iice9 hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Question about using Pomona - I have a batch of blackberry jelly that did not set - I think the berries were too ripe. I would like to recook and use Pomona to set it. An... Lesen Sie mehr
    15 Kommentare
iice9 hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Electric Water Bath Canners - I just found out there is such a thing as an Electric Water Bath Canner. It costs $249 US. I was wondering if anyone has ever used one and w... Lesen Sie mehr
    5 Kommentare