256 Beiträge
maackia hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Planting a dwarf Korean Fir under a mature White Pine - Has anyone done something similar and how did it turn out? I’ve read that the needles acidify the soil to the point it is hard to grow anyt... Lesen Sie mehr
    8 Kommentare
maackia hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Planting mistakes - I’ve made my share of them over the past 30+ years. During the course of my gardening life, planting trees too close has been my bugaboo. ... Lesen Sie mehr
    17 Kommentare
maackia hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Heat + humidity + moisture = growth - We have been in a splendid period of weather that has resulted in some impressive growth. It started to get dry a few days ago, but that en... Lesen Sie mehr
    28 Kommentare
maackia hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Cemeteries as Arboretums - Do you have any favorites?
    22 Kommentare
maackia hat eine Diskussion gestartet
The Turkey Run Challenge - The good news is this isn’t a running event. I recently visited this Indiana state park and came away thoroughly impressed…well, except for... Lesen Sie mehr
    7 Kommentare
maackia hat eine Diskussion gestartet
2026 Obscure Arboreal Awards - Best Winter Burn: Picea glauca ’Rainbow’s End’ It was planted last summer and looked splendid into winter. I don’t know how or why this h... Lesen Sie mehr
    20 Kommentare
maackia hat eine Diskussion gestartet
The Naked Seed Conundrum - I was watching an episode of Antiques Roadshow last night, which was filmed at the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens. In between appraisals t... Lesen Sie mehr
    7 Kommentare
maackia hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Photosynthetic Bark - I did not know there was such a thing until I spent some time in Tucson and became enamored with the Palo Verde (Parkinsonia microphylla), w... Lesen Sie mehr
    14 Kommentare
maackia hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Can lenticels be ornamental? - The science of their function is interesting, but can they be ornamental?
    5 Kommentare
maackia hat eine Diskussion gestartet
A North Woods Walk - We took a trail leading back to a waterfall just outside the small community of Hurley, WI. I knew it would be interesting when I encounter... Lesen Sie mehr
    10 Kommentare
Weitere Ereignisse anzeigen...