15 Beiträge
Ray Scheel hat eine Diskussion gestartet
ALERT: Check original post date before responding - With the format switch, a lot of old posts have ended up near the top of the thread list. Unless updating the Vermiculite Source List, try ... Lesen Sie mehr
    Kommentar
Ray Scheel hat eine Diskussion gestartet
How do I stake summer squash or zucchini? - GOOD REASONS TO STAKE: Keeps it up off the ground, keeps the leaves growing on the lower levels, may keep the vine shorter (spending more en... Lesen Sie mehr
    Kommentar
Ray Scheel hat eine Diskussion gestartet
What can I build my grids out of? - Anything you want! Some ideas: String/cord/rope (laid across, or fasted to metal eyes screwed or drilled into the walls of a raised bed) -... Lesen Sie mehr
    Kommentar
Ray Scheel hat eine Diskussion gestartet
How do I trellis veggies? - Image by: Mel Bartholemew Sample plot with trellis Ever tried to support a tomato with just a cage? You know what happens. Halfway through t... Lesen Sie mehr
    Kommentar
Ray Scheel hat eine Diskussion gestartet
How should I water a sqft garden? - Mel recommends a bucket of sun-warmed water and a dipper. You don't shock the plant with cold water this way, you water only your plants and... Lesen Sie mehr
    Kommentar
Ray Scheel hat eine Diskussion gestartet
How do you mulch your squares? - With a whole range of materials! A few things we use: Carpet squares turned upside down, with holes cut for the plants Newspaper with gras... Lesen Sie mehr
    Kommentar
Ray Scheel hat eine Diskussion gestartet
What do I use to fill my garden beds? - Square foot and similar intensive gardening methods require an especially rich growing medium to support the plants, and raised beds impact ... Lesen Sie mehr
    Kommentar
Ray Scheel hat eine Diskussion gestartet
What are recommended plant spacings? - In the following list, all spacings are according to Mel in SFG (chapter 18) unless otherwise indicated (Mel left a few out!) Basil 1/sqft ... Lesen Sie mehr
1 „Gefällt mir“    Kommentar
Ray Scheel hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Are there pictures? When should I plant...? Can I grow ...? How do I - Are there pictures of this so I can see what you crazy people are doing? We don't have a picture gallery for this forum, and Gardenweb asks ... Lesen Sie mehr
    Kommentar
Ray Scheel hat eine Diskussion gestartet
How do I build the sides of a raised bed? - There is no "right answer", it all depends on your personal preferences, your needs, and how much you want to spend. Keep in mind ... Lesen Sie mehr
    Kommentar
Weitere Ereignisse anzeigen...