13 Beiträge
tvz1 hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Organic standards - Does an "organic" garden have to use only "organic" compost? I make my own, and include kitchen scraps from foods that a... Lesen Sie mehr
    8 Kommentare
tvz1 hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Irrigating raised beds - I have raised beds in my garden, and am interested in installing an irrigation system. Does anyone know of a good way to do this? Specifical... Lesen Sie mehr
    1 Kommentar
tvz1 hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Disappearing carrot seedlings - Who's a likely culprit for coming through and eating all the foliage on my poor little carrot seedlings, leaving only little toothpick stems... Lesen Sie mehr
    5 Kommentare
tvz1 hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Veg gardening software - I see that there are a number of software programs available for organizing your veg garden, keeping records, etc.. Several of them look ver... Lesen Sie mehr
    2 Kommentare
tvz1 hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Refrigerating tomatoes - You know how they say that you shouldn't keep your tomatoes in the fridge, because they won't taste as good? I wonder--Does this mean you sh... Lesen Sie mehr
    4 Kommentare
tvz1 hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Big Onions - Anybody know the key to large onions? This year I grew Copras & Ailsa Craigs, which are long-day types, since I'm in N. Michigan. My nat... Lesen Sie mehr
    4 Kommentare
tvz1 hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Harvesting chard - For crops like swiss chard and kale, where it's recommended to harvest by picking off the lower leaves as they mature or get up to a good si... Lesen Sie mehr
    3 Kommentare
tvz1 hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Tart blackberries - Not sure if my blackberries are any different from others, but I find them a bit tart to eat out of hand (though my wife likes them fine). T... Lesen Sie mehr
    4 Kommentare
tvz1 hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Displaying Potatoes - I've always kept my potatoes in a labelled cardboard box (closed up) at my roadside stand, figuring that otherwise they'd turn green. Howeve... Lesen Sie mehr
    7 Kommentare
tvz1 hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Raspberry canes turning brown - My raspberries seem to be afflicted with the disease described below (phytophthora). However, I have quite sandy, well-drained soil. So base... Lesen Sie mehr
    9 Kommentare
Weitere Ereignisse anzeigen...