39 Beiträge
vesfl (zone 5b/6a, Western NY) hat eine Diskussion gestartet
My rose garden this year - Hello rose friends, I hope everyone is doing well and that gardening gives you joy and peace in these challenging times for the whole planet... Lesen Sie mehr
8 „Gefällt mir“    22 Kommentare
vesfl (zone 5b/6a, Western NY) hat eine Diskussion gestartet
First flush of roses in my garden (finally!) - The rough winter and chilly spring this year delayed all the growth and blooms in our area by at least a couple of weeks. I kept myself busy... Lesen Sie mehr
26 „Gefällt mir“    41 Kommentare
vesfl (zone 5b/6a, Western NY) hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Is anything wrong with these canes? - Dear rose friends, I've just purchased these roses and when I got home I noticed discoloration on some canes. I wonder if everything is all ... Lesen Sie mehr
    10 Kommentare
vesfl (zone 5b/6a, Western NY) hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Removing invasive lesser celandine ('fig buttercup') - need advice - I've noticed this plant in clumps on many front lawns in my neighborhood. Last year there were a few clumps in our backyard lawn area and I ... Lesen Sie mehr
    17 Kommentare
vesfl (zone 5b/6a, Western NY) hat eine Diskussion gestartet
What mulch and soil amendments do you use? - Soon I will have to add mulch for winter protection. Besides compost, I've been using shredded pine bark because it eventually decomposes in... Lesen Sie mehr
2 „Gefällt mir“    25 Kommentare
vesfl (zone 5b/6a, Western NY) hat eine Diskussion gestartet
OT: For apple-lovers! Antique/heritage apples from our trip yesterday - Yesterday I went apple-picking at my favorite orchard in upstate New York. They have over 300 heirloom/antique apple varieties, which are, a... Lesen Sie mehr
13 „Gefällt mir“    25 Kommentare
vesfl (zone 5b/6a, Western NY) hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Oh, no! More problems... Is this rose midge? - I was away for a couple of weeks only to find all of my reblooming roses without any blooms and with some strange black sepals (?) and defor... Lesen Sie mehr
    15 Kommentare
vesfl (zone 5b/6a, Western NY) hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Reverence for Roses, Palatine - Hurrah for mail-order rose nurseries! - I've just got my first order from A Reverence for Roses, an 'Excelsa' rambler that I've been trying to find for a long time. It used to be o... Lesen Sie mehr
15 „Gefällt mir“    42 Kommentare
vesfl (zone 5b/6a, Western NY) hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Cross post: Japanese beetles - best prevention/treatment? - Cross-posting the old thread that another forum member serendipitously revived earlier today. At that time we didn't have an option to simul... Lesen Sie mehr
    9 Kommentare
vesfl (zone 5b/6a, Western NY) hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Is this Charles de Mills? - I planted this rose last year and there are a few indications that make me wonder if it is Charles de Mills as I thought it was. I read that... Lesen Sie mehr
1 „Gefällt mir“    6 Kommentare
Weitere Ereignisse anzeigen...