10 Beiträge
Mark Wasserman hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Picea purpurea: Anyone growing this in Zone 4 or 5a? - A local nursery just got a shipment of these from Bizon and I'm sorely tempted to try it. It has an extremely dense, pyramidal form and prod... Lesen Sie mehr
    7 Kommentare
Mark Wasserman hat eine Diskussion gestartet
I've been crowned... - ...by the Conifer King! Received my yearly order. As always, everything is beyond what I was expecting...and they included a free P. omorik... Lesen Sie mehr
    5 Kommentare
Mark Wasserman hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Lepidoptera/Taxodium Connection - A picture from a recent visit to the Chicago Botanic Garden. I really liked the bald cypress...the butterfly was cool, too.
    2 Kommentare
Mark Wasserman hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Phyton 27 - Anyone here have exerience using Phyton 27 with conifers? As detailed elsewhere, I've used liquid copper spray with some success on my dwar... Lesen Sie mehr
    5 Kommentare
Mark Wasserman hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Fagus sylvatica: buds not opening/rotting - I have a European beech (Fagus sylvatica 'Dawyck's Gold) that still hasn't opened its buds. I planted it about 5 years ago and it's been doi... Lesen Sie mehr
1 „Gefällt mir“    5 Kommentare
Mark Wasserman hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Time for a haircut? - We first moved to this property back in 2004. Pictures I have from that time show that the arborvitae hedge pictured below (Techny, I believ... Lesen Sie mehr
    3 Kommentare
Mark Wasserman hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Picea pungens 'Sester Dwarf' - I believe there was a discussion here earlier in the month about Picea pungens being a "late bloomer" in the buds department. Here... Lesen Sie mehr
    3 Kommentare
Mark Wasserman hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Abies koreana 'Verdener Dom' - This is a new mail order acquisition for 2011. It looked fairly stressed when it arrived in March, with a lot of yellow needles. However, mo... Lesen Sie mehr
    1 Kommentar
Mark Wasserman hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Teeny mugo, Big troubles. - Started this Pinus Mugo 'Teeny' specimen as a 'junior conifer' from Klehm Songsparrow Farms in 2008. It's been doing great and put out some ... Lesen Sie mehr
    16 Kommentare
Mark Wasserman hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Juniperus communis compressa: Severe winter burn - Even though J. communis compressa is rated to Zone 3a, I understand that it doesn't do well in severe winter climates. In my zone 5a garden,... Lesen Sie mehr
    9 Kommentare