374 Beiträge
agmss15 hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Anyone harvest black walnuts? - If so how do you crack the shells? I hulled some this morning which is extremely messy but not hard. Cracking the shells OTOH is hard. I am... Lesen Sie mehr
    2 Kommentare
agmss15 hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Harvest season - black walnuts shell crackers - Black walnuts are currently falling off the tree near our woodworking shop. A few years ago I collected, hulled, shelled and dried a few pou... Lesen Sie mehr
    6 Kommentare
agmss15 hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Favorite fruits and recipes… berries included - Tis harvest season in Maine. Blueberries and Blackberries are just past peak. I also just picked about 5 pounds of strawberries at a local f... Lesen Sie mehr
    9 Kommentare
agmss15 hat eine Diskussion gestartet
lemons - a lot of lemons - Someone gave me 15 pounds of lemons yesterday. Looking for some ideas about what to do with them. I will try making a jar of salted lemons.... Lesen Sie mehr
    13 Kommentare
agmss15 hat eine Diskussion gestartet
chemo and cooking especially vegetables - I am currently going through chemotherapy. So far I have been handling it pretty well. Some fatigue but no nausea or odd flavors. I am fin... Lesen Sie mehr
    12 Kommentare
agmss15 hat eine Diskussion gestartet
How do you use saffron? - I received gifts of lovely tiny jars of saffron and (new for me) saffron honey for Christmas. My step sister and her mom’s family have south... Lesen Sie mehr
    17 Kommentare
agmss15 hat eine Diskussion gestartet
The weather outside is frightful… breakfast - Trying to mentally take a break from the news. Happy 2026! Ok it isn’t actually frightful. It is however 6F and breezy. Plus we had a snow... Lesen Sie mehr
    34 Kommentare
agmss15 hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Do you make condiments at home? - I am not even sure if condiment is the right word. I think I use a lot of foods as condiments that weren’t originally used as such. As in pe... Lesen Sie mehr
    25 Kommentare
agmss15 hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Ehem... Maine ricotta wins the gold! - This ricotta is so good!! I almost added this to the ricotta/lasagna thread but Amy‘s cheese deserves her own mention. FWIW Skowhegan is rig... Lesen Sie mehr
    3 Kommentare
agmss15 hat eine Diskussion gestartet
Eating after surgery.... What can I prep? - I recently found out I need to have a hysterectomy - possibly with followup treatment. I have never had surgery before… I am not too anxious... Lesen Sie mehr
    20 Kommentare
Weitere Ereignisse anzeigen...