Houzz Logo Print
britanicia19

Kitchen Renovation

britanicia19
vor 8 Jahren
I'm torn between a soapstone counter top or a white marble. Our kitchen is small but opened. I'm afraid the black soapstone will soak up the natural light. Our cabinets are a very light gray almost white. We are also continuing wood floors in the kitchen since our family room is open to the kitchen ( the floors will stained a medium gray ) please help! Cabinet hardware and sink faucet will be a brushed gold ) please help!

Kommentare (12)

• britanicia19
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 8 Jahren
    Soapstone and gray parquet floors
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    vor 8 Jahren

I could not wait to get rid of my parquet floors so even in tile I hate them, I would choose a nice large format tile for the floors in a dark gray and keep white counters or if wood floors just a simple maple stained dark gray.

• PRO
    Hall Design Build
    vor 8 Jahren

I agree that the soapstone will provide a nice contrast with the light colored cabinets and gray flooring.

• ritting28
    vor 8 Jahren
    What is the finish on the faucet? It's very pretty.
  • ritting28
    vor 8 Jahren
    Also, I have always liked wood parquet, and I think your floor will look great.
  • acm
    vor 8 Jahren

I gather that marble isn't a good choice for working surfaces in the kitchen, so I'd take the soapstone however you feel about the color options...

• PRO
    CLR Design Services, Inc.
    vor 8 Jahren

Soapstone is beautiful but requires more maintenance...you need to oil/buff regularly to keep it looking nice. Marble doesn't require as high of maintenance - maybe reseal once a year - but it's more porous and absorbs stains. Have you considered a manmade material from Cosentino? They've come a long way with man-made and you can probably find something you love that gives you the best of both worlds. A just found a new source for manmade - Viatera - I'm using it in 4 bathrooms and part of a kitchen in my client's lake house. Great options!

• PRO
    GARY FINLEY
    vor 8 Jahren

rethink the GOLD........the soap stone is a great look with the floor however it seems you are working towards a pristine look with the white cabinets and marble will offer a better look with the cabinets if you good with a white.......or even a black. It's so important that these finishes be selected together before starting a project as the individual finishes can be fine tuned, and the color of paint can be adjusted to be the best

• britanicia19
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 8 Jahren
    The faucet is by Newport Brass the finish is Satin Gold
  • britanicia19
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 8 Jahren
    Thank you Gary, The look I'm trying to achieve is a modern edgy twist. Thank you for your opinion
  • ycity
    vor 8 Jahren
    Either is great! Love both. I just don't know about staining the floors gray.
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.