Houzz Logo Print
aw2quit

Best color cabinets for laundry room

Heidi Hulett
vor 8 Jahren
We just redid out laundry room with sherwin Williams sea sal paint. I am not sold 100%on this color yet by it is done so we are going with it. Love dark cabinets but worry about the lint showing on them more. Anyone have advice on a dark cabinet in laundry room or should I just go with white? It is a separate room but the hallway and kitchen are connected. They are painted bm Kingsport gray and the cabinets are hickory. Thanks.

Kommentare (10)

• PRO
    Raegan Ford Interior Design
    vor 8 Jahren

I would stay away from dark cabinets in a laundry room, they will show lint and also make the space feel smaller.

• PRO
    ERT Architects, Inc
    vor 8 Jahren

White is always a nice clean look for laundry rooms, but if the color of the cabinetry matches other elements in the room then go for the darker cabinets. The good thing about white cabinets though is that they can make the room appear bigger.The key is seeing the potential a room has. We have some really great design ideas in our idea books! Please feel free to check them out. We would love to answer any questions and help you envision the space of your dreams. (Don't forget to follow our profile for future inspirations!)

• PRO
    Queen Bee of Honey Dos
    vor 8 Jahren

Well, I agree that dark can make the room look smaller, but I have dark cabinets and I have never noticed lint on them. Then again, the only cabinets close to the dryer are wall cabinets. Or perhaps I am a clean freak. ;-)

When asked, I generally recommend a shade of white because it tends to make a laundry room feel brighter and more spacious. Since you have already finished your cabinets, you might consider adding tiles backsplash or wallpaper instead of changing the cabinet paint again. There are a lot of ways to pull the cabinets into an overall design that would look nice.

If you are interested in going for darker cabinets without needing to completely redo them again, you could always glaze them. You would end up with something like this.

Residential remodel 2 · Mehr Info

www.queenbeeofhoneydos.com

• Maureen
    vor 8 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 8 Jahren

Sea salt is such a lovely color and would really suit white. You can also add pops of color and don't forget to add wicker baskets. White cabinetry is used in mud rooms and kitchens and not sure how much more dirt would be generated in a laundry room, so I wouldn't make that a major factor in your decision. What you could also do, is paint the walls white and the cabinets blue which has a bit more interest.

Bold & Blue Laundry Room · Mehr Info

• Heidi Hulett
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 8 Jahren

Thanks to everyone. I do not have cabinets at this point. We are going to do full cabinets across from the washer and dryer with pull out laundry baskets and a tower to house 4 wicker type baskets for folded clean laundry. Possibly some above the appliances but they are rather tall but not sure where to put my soaps. Then there will be one next to them with a sink.

• PRO
    Sound Painting Solutions, LLC
    vor 8 Jahren

A dark color will show less dirt.

Good luck:)

Heidi Hulett hat Sound Painting Solutions, LLC gedankt
  • Heidi Hulett
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 8 Jahren
    These are my final 2 choices. White cabinets were to hard to match the trim so we are going with these 2. Love both of them but going more towards the dark mainly due to a significant price difference. These are medallion cabinets. Dark is a smoke stain and the light is a glaze. Any suggestions? Or any ideas of how or where to get cabinets cheaper? Way over budget and I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger with it being a laundry room.
  • My House
    vor 4 Jahren

please post your results.

• Heidi Hulett
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 4 Jahren

Here is the final

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.