Houzz Logo Print
gaga51

Another backsplash dilemma question

gaga51
vor 8 Jahren
I got some great advice on tile to use for my backsplash. I think I am going with a simple cream ceramic, either subway tile or 4x4 on a diagonal. My question is what it will look like under my counter top. There is only 4-1/2 inches in this space and I don't know how tile placement will look. I was considering a 3x6 inch subway tile. Any pics you can share with a similar situation?

Kommentare (17)

• Nancy Ingram
    vor 8 Jahren
    You could not have anything there since it's not a "wet" area or you could get a mosaic version of your subway tile.
  • Maureen
    vor 8 Jahren

I would leave as is or add a stainless steel sheet, which won't look patchy and will compliment your hardware.

• gaga51
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 8 Jahren
    I want to continue the backsplash around to this area over the sink and just under the bar area since it's a continuation of my granite from the other side. The second picture shows it's a narrow space but I just feel like I should bring the tile around to match the other side.
  • miacometlady
    vor 8 Jahren
    4by 4 tile and rope tile? No grout line.it adds up to 4.5 inches at least!
  • izeve
    vor 8 Jahren

4x4 on the diagonal would look just fine. I have a similar area in my kitchen. Will try to post a picture later.

• kpappal
    vor 8 Jahren
    I also have a similar area in my kitchen, and we just had the tile continued into this space.
  • gaga51
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 8 Jahren
    kpappal, what kind of tile did you use? Diagonal, subway or something else?
  • PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    vor 8 Jahren

What about a 2x4, 2x6, or 2x8 tile? These sizes are being used a lot right now, and are very classic looking. The 4 x 4 on the diagonal is a bit dated, in my opinion.

• keenplanner
    vor 8 Jahren

If it's dry, vertical strips of wainscoting would look nice.

• izeve
    vor 8 Jahren
    Here is the strip between the counter and the bar area using a diagonal tile layout.
  • gaga51
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 8 Jahren
    Izeve, that looks very nice! Thanks for the photos. I do think it is now time for another trip to the tile store!
  • gaga51
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 8 Jahren
    Wondered about an opinion on the tike on the left.
  • PRO
    FDK Design
    vor 8 Jahren

How about something like this? Its a 6"X6" honed crema marfil, 1"X1" mosaic and honed crema marfil subway. Something different?

Casual Elegance - Scripps Ranch · Mehr Info

• PRO
    R.D. London Studios
    vor 8 Jahren

I do not favor mixing a beautiful granite with a ceramic tile. If you add a backsplash I would go with the same granite on the counters. Other option would be to repaint to a color that is in the granite not the blue.

• loudon1
    vor 8 Jahren
    We just filled that space with granite in our kitchen.
  • radish
    vor 8 Jahren
    I just did a 4x2 white ceramic subway backsplash - they come in 12x12 sheets which is pretty handy. I also think a smaller scale subway in a herringbone pattern would be so cool.
    (I'm not finished with my kitchen yet, obviously).
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.