Houzz Logo Print
jenny_rodriguez20

Blinds and drapes dilemma

Jenny Rodriguez
vor 8 Jahren
zuletzt bearbeitet:vor 8 Jahren

This is a small condo living room. I am planning on putting the tv stand on the right side of the wall and on my left a sofa that will be looking out to the south east facing a gorgeous park.
How do I buy sun shades when I have a side window? Do I buy one or two?
How do I buy drapes for this type of window when one side wall is bigger than the other one?
Thank you all!

Kommentare (7)

• PRO
    Finishing Touches
    vor 8 Jahren

Jenny,

Tinting a window can help, but it won't completely help with the glare on the TV set.

if you do a screen/solar shade, I would recommend 1 shade, ceiling mounted. Here are a couple things to think about: size limit of shade size width, note the small window has a higher ledge( so the shade could only come to here if did 1 shade), and 1 shade wouldn't create a light gap as would 2 shades.

I agree with Nancy and I would definitely recommend some sheer linen drapes or fabric drapes, ripplefold style, stacked left or split, and ceiling mounted. This creates a softer look and would warm up the space. It also could help your light issue depending on fabric selected.

• everdebz
    vor 8 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 8 Jahren

When I saw it, I thought of the rod all the way across which would stack at the left for a clean, trim look [as opposed to curtains on both sides]....with traverse rod:

http://www.jcpenney.com/royal-velvet-supreme-pinch-pleatback-tab-lined-patio-panel/prod.jump?ppId=pp5003970047&searchTerm=patio+window+treatment&catId=SearchResults&_dyncharset=UTF-8&colorizedImg=DP0501201417111811M.tif

• smileythecat
    vor 8 Jahren

This is little more problematic than running a rod all the way across the opening. If you stack drapes on the left hand side, no way will that little window ever be open.The side window is shorter than the slider and mounted higher than the slider. Consider 3 separate roller shades under 1 valance. BTW is that your standard 80 inch high slider? I hope not, that would make a rather low ceiling. I used to be an installer and these weird little openings are a challenge to work and look good. More ideas everybody.

• everdebz
    vor 8 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 8 Jahren

Not an installer, but I wondered how wide it would be fully open. What if it was a semi-sheer? Does that matter?

• PRO
    Trendy Blinds & Closets
    vor 8 Jahren

We have done a number of condos with the same set up of a narrow side window and sliding glass door side-by-side. This was one solution we used for a customer.

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.