Houzz Logo Print
esu2015

Shower/Tub combo

esu2015
vor 8 Jahren
We are remodeling the 2nd floor tub/shower combo. The only tub in the house. We need a good acrylic tub 60x30 left drain. From online reviews, we gather Sterling is not a company that stands behind their products. We also did not find they have helpful customer service. Where should we go to get the alcove tub that is reliable and strong? Where is everyone getting their tubs from?

Kommentare (9)

• PRO
    HERE Design and Architecture
    vor 8 Jahren
    I like the Kohler archer tub. It is inexpensive, not fussy looking, and a good depth with a nice slope to the back and armrests. Very comfortable. I have fallen asleep in mine a number of times.
  • esu2015
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 8 Jahren
    Thank you. I saw the Archer today in a show room. It looked beautiful. Did you tile around the tub in your project?
  • PRO
    vor 8 Jahren
    Yes we tiled down to it. That is the one thing about acrylic tubs that I don't love - that line of caulk.
  • esu2015
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 8 Jahren
    We saw cracks around the base where tiles meet the tub in some expensive model homes. Was that the reason you had to caulk around the tub?
  • PRO
    vor 8 Jahren

Yes - any time you have two different types of material (e.g. porcelain and acrylic) they will move differently from one another and if the location is prone to being wet, caulk is used because it is flexible and can bridge the gap.

• esu2015
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 8 Jahren
    Got it. Thank you so much for responding. I now feel more comfortable moving forward.
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    vor 8 Jahren

I love Maax tubs I actually have used their tub and shower combos in a few renos because I like that they have a no caulk install sysetem . They also have a line called U tile

• PRO
    Madden, Slick & Bontempo, Inc
    vor 8 Jahren

I like the Kohler Archer tub and also the Mirabelle Edenton. They are both nice deep soaking tubs and are acrylic. If you don't care about depth, Kohler makes a cast iron tub called the Villager. Here is a picture of the Edenton with a tile surround.

Bathrooms · Mehr Info

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.