Houzz Logo Print
jjhampton

Poll! Which barstools?!

jjhampton
vor 8 Jahren
I will get four of whatever I decide on. Opinions between these 2 options only please. Thanks!

Kommentare (51)

• Katbv Vero
    vor 8 Jahren
    2nd ones, not only a bit taller but also more sturdy!
  • shiningautumn888
    vor 8 Jahren
    Ithink you need somethimg with more presence. something with a back and upholstered.
  • PRO
    Gilbert + Burke
    vor 8 Jahren

#2. Grounds the space, adds a touch of warmth :)

• auntthelma
    vor 8 Jahren

#2 here also. The #1s disappear.

• Judy Mishkin
    vor 8 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 8 Jahren

pick the ones that have 12" between seat and counter. the #2s would be absurd to sit on, your knees wouldn't go under the counter.

i dont care for the #1s though.... so... keep looking.

oops i'm not allowed to say keep looking. so go with the 1s as the 2s arent actually functional at that height.

• tgb1
    vor 8 Jahren

I was assuming if you went with #2 that you would exchange for the correct height...

• Tina
    vor 8 Jahren
    #2 for sure.
  • Jennifer Hogan
    vor 8 Jahren

I prefer #2, but the first thing to determine is how much use they will get and then how comfortable are they. My household uses the counter stools for at least 2 meals a day and for working on projects. I have 4 upholstered bar stools with backs and 4 that are just wooden stools and no one ever wants to be stuck on the wooden stools. (My counter will seat 8). (Love my counter!)

• jazzlvr
    vor 8 Jahren

I prefer the look of #2 because, like maggys111 stated, you need something with "more presence". However, I also agree with nnigrt in that they are too tall. So, something like #2 but more the height of #1...

• acm
    vor 8 Jahren

get "counter height" rather than "bar height." hopefully #2 has both options.

• g v
    vor 8 Jahren

• Tamara Chastain
    vor 8 Jahren

#2 They look as if they "fit" with the decor.

• aak4
    vor 8 Jahren

• PRO
    Savoir Faire Home
    vor 8 Jahren

I love #2...the darker color works well with the white island and the mixture of metal and wood adds interest. Good Pick!

• PRO
    June McGrew, Design Chic Interiors
    vor 8 Jahren

No 2 looks best because it has contrast

• Jillian - Interior design student
    vor 8 Jahren

I agree with Maggie that neither option has enough presence.

• PRO
    Interiors Unleashed
    vor 8 Jahren

The second photo with the wood top stools. They add definition, ground the bar area, and repeat the warmth of the floors.

• Keeva Loyalty
    vor 8 Jahren

2nd one. It blends in too much with the 1st one.

• jjhampton
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 8 Jahren
    Not sure if it makes a difference but the reason I chose these two styles is bc they do blend in. I want the shiplap on the island to be the standout here.
  • PRO
    Julia & Elizabeth
    vor 8 Jahren

• PRO
    Presidio Tile & Stone
    vor 8 Jahren

2. I can't stand plastic chairs. They look cheap to me.

• tgb1
    vor 8 Jahren

The shiplap is the standout, and it's gorgeous - but you need to be comfortable. Even with 4 stools there you'll still be able to see that feature...

• jjhampton
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 8 Jahren
    I'm actually really surprised no one likes the look of the acrylic barstools. I love this look! And let's keep in mind my kitchen is no where near complete. We just moved in. Lots of decorating to do still!
  • Judy Mishkin
    vor 8 Jahren

i think they are fine, although i'd not like to be cleaning them all the time. when you imagine 4 of them there its nicer than 4 of the more 'stand out' ones.

• jjhampton
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 8 Jahren
    Here's some more acrylic in the smoke color
  • PRO
    Çedille by Françoise Oostwegel
    vor 8 Jahren

the second one #2

• ecpt
    vor 8 Jahren

2nd option

• jjhampton
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 8 Jahren
    This is the area to the left. There is a table there and chairs
  • Janie
    vor 8 Jahren
    2nd picture but you need 3 of them. With just 2 they look lost
  • Jillian - Interior design student
    vor 8 Jahren

I think the aversion to lucite is that sometimes it can come off looking cheap and plastic. If you go in that direction, choose quality high-end pieces. Here is one from Wayfair that combines lucite with satin nickel.

• Janie
    vor 8 Jahren
    I just realized the 2nd ones are too tall for the counter....you want to be comfortable so go with the first ones if they're the right height & I think you get get 4 of those.
  • jjhampton
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 8 Jahren
    There will be 4 after I decide witch ones! I've mentioned that several times.
  • jjhampton
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 8 Jahren
    Which* haha
  • shiningautumn888
    vor 8 Jahren

It doesn't matter if there are 8 of them, they still don't have enough presence and visual weight for that large a space. Something with an upholstered seat and back would look great. Lots of styles out there to choose from.

• jjhampton
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 8 Jahren
    Definitely don't want anything upholstered. I have had that in the past and it's something I don't want again.
  • zzmom40
    vor 8 Jahren
    I love your ghost stools...I think they are fun and add a modern fun touch...very practical just wipe them off...because of the size you could maybe do 4.
  • Belahn
    vor 8 Jahren

The first ones look like the came from the dollar store. Our local Family Dollar has those in right now. Or possibly, they could be purchased at WalMart. Both choices are bad. You need bar stools with a back in this nice kitchen.

• jjhampton
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 8 Jahren
    Belahn, it says in your profile that you don't like "modern" style. And I use to be the same but I love it now! But it also makes your comment completely invalid to me! Maybe I should run to my local dollar store though bc I would be getting a huge discount! And I love a good discount ;)
  • zzmom40
    vor 8 Jahren
    OH and your kitchen is sooo very pretty
  • PRO
    Angelica Angeli ❤ Interior Design Journalist
    vor 8 Jahren

How about something like these?

Hip Downtown Condo Renovation · Mehr Info

• terry toon
    vor 8 Jahren

Tailor Made · Mehr Info

I think to be comfortable for any length of time, you need seat pads and backs. This is just my opinion of course.

• drememon
    vor 8 Jahren

You and your family are the only ones who know if you "need" pads and backs. I think the ghost stools are great. Love Phillipe Starck.

• suezbell
    vor 8 Jahren

Of the two, the second looks sturdier; however, neither look comfortable.

Consider an Amish saddle bar stool:

https://assets.dutchcrafters.com/product_images/pid_3520-Amish-Mule-Foot-Saddle-Bar-Stool-35.jpg

The holes in the seat are for lifting the bar stool with one hand. The ones I tried you don't feel the hand handles when you sit on them.

• aak4
    vor 8 Jahren

jjhampton, I love discounts, too!!! And there's never, ever anything wrong with saving $! The ghost chairs don't look cheap, they look fun and funky. However, my preference is #2 because the ghosts chairs seem like a pain to keep clean, but your kitchen is beautiful so whatever you choose will look great. Choose what you like, it's your house and you'll be enjoying it everyday. Just ask yourself which ones would you like to see when you get up every morning.... and there's your answer.

jjhampton hat aak4 gedankt
  • estherflair
    vor 8 Jahren

#2. It fits the style of your kitchen better. Great kitchen!

• NancyK
    vor 8 Jahren

I like how #2 looks. I spent a long time looking for the right counter stools, the ones I did get followed the rule for distance to counter, they are 12 inches lower than the counter, and everyone who sits in them finds them too low. You want everyone to be comfortable sitting in them. Mine have a back, my plan was to have family/friends sit and chat with me while I do my prep, comfort was really important.

• cheryld1
    vor 8 Jahren

Two. The wood contrast looks nice.

• Jen
    vor 8 Jahren

#2! I love the rustic element that it provides.

• Lisa G
    vor 8 Jahren

I like the 2nd option the best. I feel like #1 doesn't mesh well with the style of your kitchen. Double check the height of the wood seat stools...are they too high to tuck your legs under the island?

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.