Houzz Logo Print
magner69

Fugly 3 sided fireplace

magner69
vor 8 Jahren

Worlds worst! I wish I could afford to tear it all out! It was wood burning and we converted to gas when the house was new (1997) before even moving in. Top 2 views from rear family room; bottom 2 from front living room. Sorry for the gates; 2 dogs at home.

Hate the hearth, just wasted space. Don't know what to do with the top. Used to have brass disturbing but already painted with high heat paint.

Any my suggestions are welcome. Would like to spend the least amount of money but get a decent impact. I want a simple look. We NEVER use it unless we lose power (thus, not often).

Thanks so much for your input.

Kommentare (3)

• PRO
    MD Home Repair
    vor 8 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 8 Jahren

Most modernized, gas only fireplaces with fixed glass do not require a hearth
    extension. In this case I'd say demo/remove all tiles, drywall, and make it a centerpiece you love!

Endless possibilities - just a matter of your style and preferences!

magner69 hat MD Home Repair gedankt
  • mtnmom9
    vor 8 Jahren
    We have a similar FP and plan to tear it out when we redo the floors. We never use ours either, and it takes up so much space.
    magner69 hat mtnmom9 gedankt
  • PRO
    Pacific Coast Custom Design
    vor 8 Jahren

If you really don't like it and rarely ever use it, rip it out and drywall the space! Another option might be to wall in 2 of the 3 sides and just have it face one room with new tile just on that side (take out the rest).

magner69 hat Pacific Coast Custom Design gedankt
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.