Houzz Logo Print
michelle_mckenna1561204

Skirting and architrave not matching

Michelle
vor 8 Jahren

i know its not the "done thing" but do you think oak doors and architraves will look OK with white skirting boards, in a new build. I prefer white skirtings and hubby prefers oak architraves, and this is a compromise that both of us thinks looks OK in the picture, but not sure how it will look in real life!

Kommentare (9)

• PRO
    User
    vor 8 Jahren

It look stunning, you are more drawn to the beautiful wood without the wooden skirting. Great idea ( must remember it! )

• Michelle
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 8 Jahren

thanks, that's reassuring. I have found some more examples (there isn't many) and I think it works.

• PRO
    Longden Doors Ltd
    vor 8 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 8 Jahren

Hi Michelle , go on our web-site http://www.longdendoors.co.uk/ lots of images that might help. I think its a good idea having white skirting, as it makes the Door Set and Staircase stand out.

• PRO
    Longden Doors Ltd
    vor 8 Jahren

If you are using solid polished hardwoods always best that the same supplier supplies all i.e. the doors, the frames, the skirting and architraves. We have the solutions for you @ Longden Doors.

• PRO
    Alison Walker
    vor 8 Jahren

In principle there is nothing wrong with the white skirting and the oak door dn architraves and as my colleagues have said the skirting say calm and the focus is on the doors BUT I would consider using a bigger skirting painted white.......the one in the photo looks a bit mean and modern. Double the height give it a bit of moulding detail and it will fit in perfectly with the doors.......at the moment it doesn't look right. Good luck

• Michelle
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 8 Jahren

We were thinking 4" oak around the door and 6" white skirting

• tracy199787
    vor 6 Jahren

Did you complete this project? I would be interested to see any images as we are currently considering the same thing!

• Rita Uí Cearbhalláin
    vor 3 Jahren

I'd love to see the result of this I'm considering the same option at the moment.

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.