Houzz Logo Print
nadington

Roof type

Nada
vor 7 Jahren
I have a similar house that needs a new roof. Love this. Is it slate, slate look and what is the color? Is it Da Vinci? Thanks!
Gillick · Mehr Info

Kommentare (3)

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    vor 7 Jahren

We just replaced our roof due to hail damage. This is daunting process. If there was ever a "buyer beware" moment, this is it. We ultimately selected GAF Timberline composite, in Weathered Wood HD. It looks great. I think it would look good on your home too. It is neutral enough that it goes with most homes, especially European styling. I had a client that had same damage nearby and they helped us with their experience. So, check with folks in your neighborhood to get real-time info. But definitely do your "due diligence" because when these storms hit, it brings out every tom, dick and harry that has a pickup truck. As for "imitation slate", some in this area tried the recycled tire/slate look roofing and had terrible problems, so beware of that. As for gutters, I can't get past the cost of copper and while in some very special cases, I just don't think the price is something you get back if you ever try to sell your home. Dark brown would work well on this home. There are some "fancy" gutters that have really great design and leaf protection, but again, double the price of standard gutters. One other point, if you have a Homeowner's Association, there are most likely rules you have to follow to get "approval". So check that out. It also takes time, unless you want to pay high expediting fees. Make sure to interview numerous companies. You will get educated, and get a good feel for the various items needed in the process. Also, get references. AND call them. Call people they know who used the company. Secondary references are very valuable. This is very expensive effort, so well worth you time. Make sure you read contract thoroughly and ask questions. If sales person is "fast talking", show them the door! Make sure pricing includes some roof repair (almost always needed) and thorough clean-up. Even though they are somewhat careful, there is a lot of debris, nails, grit, etc. Good luck.

• Nada
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 7 Jahren
    Hi,
    Thank you so much for all your great info. It is very appreciated. This is our place 1930 English Tudor. We also suffered hail and wind damage and are feeling a little overwhelmed. As you pointed out this is an important decision that could turn out to be a very costly and aesthetically disastrous mistake.
    I have been considering the slate look, but will more wary now. I too have looked at GAF weathered wood and really liked them. Your comments have been super helpful.
    Thanks again and I love how you house looks.
  • PRO
    Brehm Architects
    vor 7 Jahren

The roof on this house is an asphalt shingle from Certainteed called Grand Manor in Brownstone color. It is a premium shingle and is a significantly higher price point than most architectural shingles. Good luck with your roof!

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.