Houzz Logo Print
kamccauley

Grass, gravel, or fake grass?

Karen
vor 7 Jahren

We are in the process of landscaping our back yard. There is an area that will be about 10 x 20 ft. separate from patio hardscape and a more woodsy area. I am wondering people's thoughts on whether to use pea gravel, fake grass, or some kind of grass that doesn't need mowing, for a little sitting area, maybe put in a firepit or something. My landscaper says fake grass is great but looks terrible in the winter when everything else is not green (we're in Utah). Would love to hear your views. House and landscape is traditional.

Kommentare (7)

• cretan64
    vor 7 Jahren
    Pea gravel or flagstone, both are very nice.
    Karen hat cretan64 gedankt
  • PRO
    Beach Bum Turf Co.
    vor 7 Jahren

We are partial to the artificial turf.

• ycity
    vor 7 Jahren
    We have all of the things you mentioned and all great!

Im especially fond of pavers and flagstones with either 1) river rock, 2) dymondia or thyme, or 3) artificial turf in between the pavers/flagstones.
  • ycity
    vor 7 Jahren
    Also the no mow grass we have used is buffalo grass and mondo grass. Our buffalo grass goes dormant in the winter and needs sun.
  • baileysr
    vor 7 Jahren
    Fake grass sounds really terrible to me. Whatever you do, make it real not fake. Pea gravel can be problematic because it gets kicked around easily and drifts when it rains. Low maintenance plantings like some have suggested would be great.
  • hannahlouisecarrier
    vor 5 Jahren

Definitely get artificial grass! If you get good quality turf, it looks very authentic, you can choose the right tone of green you think is right for all year round and it looks immaculate with so little effort! We went with Maze Grass and couldn't be happier with their service and effort!

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.